Chapter Eight

Everett and I are lying on my bed, watching videos on his phone. He wanted to show me the silly human videos he mentioned earlier, and I have to admit that they are pretty funny.

I have also been thinking about the mate bond, and how I am going to ask more about it. Or more specifically, who I want to ask about it. Aizen.

I know he can't lie to me. And although I haven't spoken to him that much, I feel like he won't judge me for not knowing things. And it won't be as embarrassing to talk to him about it.

"Hey, Everett."

He pauses the video on his phone and turns to me.

"I was wanting to talk to Aizen about some things. Would you be able to tell me which room is his?"

I am hoping that Everett isn't bothered by the fact that I want to talk to Aizen, he said that he wanted me to get to know him as well.

Everett gives me a gentle smile and squeezes my shoulder.

"Of course, Baby. His is the first door on the left. Are you wanting to go right now?"

"If that's okay with you, yeah."

"Of course, I will wait for you here. I have another video that I want to show you when you get back."

I lean over and kiss him, lightly, on the lips and then smile at him.

"Thank you"

Everett nods and I get up and head out of the room.

As I am walking down the hallway, I am trying to figure out exactly what I want to ask him. I'm not sure how much information he will have given that the Fae don't have fated mates, and he might just tell me that I need to talk to Everett and Keaton about it. But I want to at least try talking to Aizen first.

I walk over to his door and knock before I lose my nerve. It only takes a few moments for the door to open, but when it does, I am left confused.

Devlin is standing on the other side of the door, not Aizen. He is standing there with only a towel wrapped around his waist, water dripping down his neck, to his chest. Clearly, just out of the shower.

"Um, sorry. I was looking for Aizen."

I try not to look at Devlin's body, which is on display, but I can't keep my eyes off his chest. I watch as a drop of water slides down the side of his neck, down his chest and well-defined abdomen, and then disappears below the towel.

Devlin clears his throat and my eyes snap back up to his. I can see the giant, cocky smirk on his face which brings a glare to mine.

"Aizen's room is across the hall."

And that's when I realize the mistake. Everett must have meant the first door on the left when you are coming up the stairs. But I was walking from my room, towards the stairs so it would have been on the right coming from this direction.

I quickly spin on my heels, getting ready to head to the correct door this time.

"But he's not here right now."

I turn back around to face Devlin. He is now leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. I raise one eyebrow, and Devlin understands my silent question.

"His sister needed his help with something. He should be back around dawn."

I stay silent and only nod my head. When neither of us says anything for a few moments, the silence starts to get awkward. So, I turn to head back to my bedroom, but Devlin's voice stops me again.