Chapter Twenty-Seven

I almost can't believe the information that Devlin just dumped on me.

But I do believe it. I never should have doubted my guys. They are kind, sweet, and considerate. For supernaturals, that is. And maybe excluding Devlin, though he has his moments.

I should have known that they would not agree with Asmodeus, but I grew up being told that every supernatural agreed with him. So, of course, I thought that they were that way at first. Now that I know them better though, I should have realized that they would be fighting against him.

I certainly never would have thought that they would be the leaders of the rebellion though. And it just makes me want to know more. Why they are doing it, what they have done so far, and how soon I can get involved.

I decide to start with the why question. I know why Keaton would want to be involved in this, as he has already told his story. But I want to know why the others got involved. How this all started.

Aizen tells his story first.

"The Fae have their own world, similar to the demon realm, it is in another dimension though. And the world has always been split up by territory, each with its own kingdom. When Asmodeus started to rise to power, he started infiltrating the kingdoms and killing off the royal leaders in each one. He replaced all of our kings and queens with vampires that he had turned and who were loyal to him. We would have fought back, but he threatened to target the Fae children if we did. If any Fae rebels he kills a Fae child. And with how rare Fae pregnancies are, we couldn't take the risk of an all-out war. My father was the general in our kingdom and I was friends with the Prince, Colin. When Asmodeus took over and killed the King, Queen, and Prince, our family decided to leave the Fae realm and move to the human realm. Other Fae did the same thing, so we were not the only ones. The human realm is not free of Asmodeus' influence, but it allows us a little bit more freedom to work on the rebellion undetected."

My mind is racing after his long explanation, and I have a million more questions. But I think it's best to say something else before jumping right into my questions.

"I'm sorry that you lost your friend because of Asmodeus, that's terrible."

Aizen nods his head in acknowledgment of my words but doesn't say anything. So, I take that as my cue to start with my first question.

"Are your parents and your sister involved with the rebellion then too?"

"Freya was until she got pregnant, but my parents aren't. My father thinks that the only way to beat Asmodeus is war, but he's a general so of course he would say that. We are more in favor of stealth attacks and espionage."

That makes sense, and it also seems like they have their shit together more than the Base did. Because they are right, random attacks on all supernaturals meant that we were targeting people who were on our side as well.

I don't even want to think about the fact that I might have killed people who were part of their rebellion. I thought I was doing the right thing at the time, helping in the only way that I was allowed to. But I might have been doing more damage than good and that thought alone makes me feel sick.

Before I can dwell on that for too long though, Everett jumps in to tell his story.

"So, I actually have known Asmodeus for most of my life because I was best friends with his younger sister, Sabrina."

I didn't know that Asmodeus had a sister, and I am shocked to learn that Everett knows him personally then.

"Asmodeus and I were never close or anything though, because Sabrina and I never agreed with his disdain for other species, especially witches and warlocks. After the Great Massacre, we were even more against him and his tactics, but Sabrina believed that it was important for us to stay close to him so that we could try to influence him and stop him from the inside. Asmodeus lives in an old castle in Denmark, so we stayed close by."