Chapter Fifteen

A sudden knocking at my bedroom door makes me jump and drop the book I am holding. I scramble to pick up the book and set it on my bedside table, a blush rising on my cheeks.

After my talk with Devlin, I came back upstairs to my room. I wasn't hungry anymore and wasn't sure what to do all day since Keaton, Everett, and Aizen were all going to be gone.

I ended up spending a long time messing around with my new phone, figuring out how it all worked. I found that Keaton had already set up a group chat with me and all of the guys, though there weren't any messages in it yet.

After I was done with that, I was going to start looking through my spellbooks to figure out how I am going to make the protection spell work. But I got distracted by the books that Keaton got for me.

I have been curious about them since he showed them to me. And once I started reading the first one, I found that I couldn't put it down.

I am only about halfway through it, but I have already learned a lot. There is so much more to sex than I had ever imagined. And I have really enjoyed reading it so far.

But I still find it embarrassing and I am not sure I want the guys to know how much I have been enjoying reading it.

After I have placed the book securely on the nightstand, I sit back on the bed and then call out to let tell the person at my door to come in.

The door opens, and Aizen walks in holding a bowl of food and a glass of water.

"Hey, Devlin said that he thought you hadn't eaten yet today. So, I brought you something. Nothing too special though, I'm not as good of a cook as Everett."

I chuckle and thank him for the food. He hands it over and then joins me on the bed.

I am surprised to see that inside the bowl is mac and cheese. We used to eat a lot of mac and cheese at the Base. It's cheap and easy to make, so we had it pretty often.

"Are Everett and Keaton back as well?" I ask Aizen as I take my first bite.

"Oh, you didn't see their texts?"

I shake my head and then look around the bed for my phone. I find it and open up the group messages. There are two messages, one from Keaton and one from Everett. Both messages let me know that they won't be back until sometime tomorrow.

I quickly message back to let them know I got the messages.

I set my phone down and turn to Aizen.

"Will Everett be alright? The sun comes up soon."

"Yeah, he's fine. He will be inside, away from the sun, all day." Aizen assures me.

"Okay, good."

As I am finishing my mac and cheese, Aizen has a weird look on his face and is looking around the room.

"What?"

Aizen looks at me and shakes his head.

"What were you doing all day?" He asks me.

I can feel my cheeks start to heat up a little, but I try to duck my head so that my hair covers my face.

"I was just messing around with my phone, figuring out how it worked. And then reading." I reply and then set my empty bowl on the nightstand beside me.

I grab the glass of water next and end up draining the whole thing. I hadn't realized how thirsty I was.

"Huh. What were you reading?"

"Nothing," I reply quickly. Too quickly though, it sounds like I am lying or hiding something. Which I am, but I don't want him to know that.

"What's going on, Willow?" Aizen asks.