Chapter 18- Life Changes

"Ashley hurry up, I have to leave now!" I screamed down the stairs as I rushed to put all my belongings into my bag.

I had court today and I can't be late.

I ran down the stairs with my heels in my hand while zipping my bag closed. I didn't see my ward in the living room and I blew out a breath.

Today is not the day for any of this foolishness enuh.

"Ashley!" I yelled once more as I grabbed my Stanley Cup from off the counter.

"Yes mommy?" She called and I breathed out.

Alex be patient.

"Come on. We have to go." I took up her lunch kit that I asked the housekeeper to fix last night and it felt light.

Wah she put in here suh?

Opening the bag I found the dirty plate from yesterday inside and an empty juice box.

I hissed loudly, tossing the bag to the side.

Then she couldn't do the sumn for me? Mi cya deal with this today enuh.

Checking the fridge, I took out two small spring water and two Caprisun. Opening the snack pan, I sighed a sigh of relief that it wasn't empty and pulled out three snacks.

This must can hold her for breaks.

She ago a want breakfast but I can't make anything now so I'll have to have a restaurant deliver sumn to her school.

Packing the bag neatly, I opened the side pouch and put $500 inside for her to pay for school lunch.

She has to eat that today.

I turned around at the little footsteps entering the kitchen to see her straightening her school uniform. Today she is wearing the school's top and a pleated skirt. She looks neat.

At least she is somewhat independent because I can't manage get myself ready and she at the same time in the morning.

"Grab your lunch kit and let's go mama." I tell her as I walked to the door.

She followed me quietly.

.
.
.
.
I am fucking drained.

I can't wait for my vacation to start in the next week and a half. Today in court was such a drag, I couldn't wait for the proceedings to be over.

Thankfully I got a major win by getting the judge to extend Jason's bail. The prosecutors were trying to get it revoked citing that he was a flight risk. Weh him ago fly go when his travel documents were siezed?

Ugh, hate them style.

It was now minutes after two and I was just heading back to the office.

I'm tired and hungry.

I don't even know what I want to eat, I just know I want food.

Hopping in my freshly cleaned Range, I drive away from the courthouse. I was all the way downtown and my office was on Constant Spring road. I was not looking forward to this traffic.

As expected, traffic was madness and I was already over the day. I had a shit load of paperwork to deal with before my vacation and I was not looking forward to it. This is the part of the job that I hate.

"Call Theo." I say to my Siri and immediately it started to dial my security.

He answered on the second ring.

"Hello?"

" Theo, did you pick up Ashley yet?" I asked him seeing that it was close to 3PM.

"Yeah man. Bout 2 hours now. She eat and gone sleep yah now."