Chapter 23 - Meet The Don

"Suh a weh him seh to that girl?" Trisann asked as we gossiped on the phone about my relationship problems. I have been back from Greece for a week now and I haven't seen or spoken to my husband since our fight.

The man a avoid me.

I shook my head at the thought.

"Girl, Jay just shake him head and walk weh leave me in a the room. All now me nuh hear back from him." I say and she started with her market laugh.

This bitch don't take nothing serious. I am in distress, suppose the man would a leave me for real?

"Well I hope you were being careful with your finances, member seh you got accustomed to a certain way of living and it would look bad if he leaves and you have to downgrade." Trisann says and my face scrunches up.

Wah she a try a say to me?

"Girl yuh a confuse me, why would my lifestyle change?" I asked her.

I am curious to hear, Trisann try nuh piss me off today seeing how me have man problems and my temper short.

"Girl don't use that tone with me, I am just looking out for you. You're my baby sister and the last thing I want is for the man to say yes to the divorce and you're left starting over from scratch" she said with a frustrated huff and I opened my eyes wide.

I couldn't even blame her, because despite me telling her about me and Jade's union, I don't really go into too much details about certain stuff.

First off all me and Jade cya lef, me never sign a prenup and that man is worth Billions! Secondly, everything I have at my disposal currently is all in my name, and that includes the house, the cars, the accounts. 

Jade doesn't own the properties I'm affiliated with on paper because him a hide me from the world. After the divorce the only thing I will be left without is a man.

"Trisann, please. I am fine, no need to worry your little head." I say in a dismissive tone because me still nah go tell her seh me own everything. A dem time deh me sibling dem ago claim seh me rich and leave me fi batter by myself. She Trey cut me off deh cause me ask him fi help with Ashley.

"Mek sure" was her only response and I just killed the argument there.

"Yuh mother messaged me on Facebook by the way." Trisann continued and I looked up from my iPad. I was sad and lonely so I decided to run up a tab on my husbands credit card.

I need some new items for Hermes and he was about to pay for it. I know it won't catch his attention because 10k usd is like a grand JMD for him, but still, I plan to visit a different site everyday until he gets his monthly statement. 

"What Angela want with you now?" I asked her. Our mom has not spoken to Trisann since their fight at my high school graduation and hearing that she reached out was making me wonder.

Trisann laughed and I knew it was some fuckery.

"She did a beg me $50." she said and started to laugh again.

I sucked my teeth loudly.

"That she want, when me did a look out for her and she a spend how much thousand a week time a corner shop she did think seh things sweet. Mek she walk and scrape now." I say irritated.

Angela too fucking worthless, a suh she did waah live mek she set up herself. Me nah look and me nah ask Trisann if she send it to her. Their business that.

"Anyways, me ago talk to yuh later, the white man text me seh him horny, mi ago drag me pussy cross the phone screen show him." She continued and I gagged.