iii. hope

Just a couple weeks ago, Ina and Kamran both got adopted

Just a couple weeks ago, Ina and Kamran both got adopted. Apparently it was their older brother, Daniel. He was 19 and his mother was different from theirs. He only got the news a few months back that he had younger siblings in adoption and spent all that time finding where they were, it took lots of time to locate them since they were separated.

Mazzy and Angie laid alone in their beds at night. The sisters missed the only people they had. They missed each other. Without their company, days went by slower and slower. They were back to the same old lonely feeling. Angie started to go back to the way she was, she wasn't eating much anymore. But Mazzy on the other hand tried her best to keep her hopes up.

And she must've manifested something because after a few more weeks went by, she was pulled into the adoption office. "Maz, there's someone here to meet you!" the adoption agent smiled sweetly at her and went to go bring someone. Mazzy sighed and looked around the office. "Could've been a better time to call me in...maybe while i'm NOT in the middle of watching my favorite show," she muttered under her breath. There were pictures of happy families around the room. Kids at the park with their parents, siblings on a swing set, a toddler and a family pet, children getting their first presents.

Just then the door slowly opened and Mazzy turned to see who it was. A tall, brown haired, unknown but familiar man walked in with a slight grin. He sat down beside her and the agent sat at her desk. "Hello Mazzy. I'm your uncle, my name is Jesse," he held out his hand to her for a handshake but all she could do was stare in disbelief. She slowly returned the handshake and studied his features. He looked like her and Angie's father but if he was cleaned up and sober.

"holy shit" she said aloud only to earn a slight chuckle from her uncle. "YOU are MY uncle? this isn't a joke right?" she rambled on and on. Mazzy still couldn't process the fact that she had actual family. i mean, yeah she has family but she didn't know whether they were druggies, alcoholics or just complete psycho.

the tall man smiled, "i'm your dads brother. i know this is all weird but i was one of the only people in our family who didn't turn out to be an alcoholic, druggie or be addicted to any of that stuff. i wanted to be different so here we are now. sorry for keeping you guys waiting. i only found out about you last year" Mazzy smiled at his response. she knew it was legit.

"wait, you know about Angeline? are you adopting both of us?" Mazzy asked now getting excited. her uncle nodded and she smiled once more. she'd finally get to see her sister again.

"when will this all happen?" she asked. Mazzy wanted to see her sister again asap. she kept smiling at the thought.

"hopefully soon, maybe by next week" the adoption agent told her. she nodded and excitedly skipped back to her room. she never thought they'd ever get adopted, after everything, she started to lose hope. but she'd always gaslight herself into thinking there was probably a chance to reunite with her sister.

"don't worry Angie, i'll be seeing you soon" she whispered to herself going back to what she was doing once before.