xiv. you really do love me don't you?

"holy shit

"holy shit." i quietly said. it was almost faint. everyone froze in shock.

"is he dead?!" giggles yelled.

"SUNBURN!" i screamed while running to check on him. i heard everyone follow soon after. he was laying faced down on a table. he looked dead but i knew he wasn't. we all did. right?

"yo sunburn" fuckshit said poking him.

"don't poke him!" ray quickly said.

"stevie, are you okay?" i cautiously said. i shook him and his head quickly perked up, immediately scaring the absolute shit out of us.

"sunburnnnn!" fuckshit sang. i smacked his shoulder and gave him a look.

"ow fuck star! that hurt" he whined while earning a chuckle from the group.

"stevie, are you okay?" i asked once again. he started to get up slowly.

"yeah i'm okay" he smiled.

"damnnn sunburn, you're crazy as fuck!" ray laughed.

"for real bruh, you sure can take a slam" fuckshit added.

"sunburn you're bleeding!" giggles semi yelled. he started bleeding from his head which dripped down his forehead. quickly ray told him to take off his shirt and wrapped it around stevie's head.

"you just fell off of a roof.." fourthgrade mumbled. we all laughed. i noticed the shirt was soaking up the blood too fast.

"guys he needs something else to cover his head now" i pointed out. everyone looked at each other.

"ruben take off your shirt" ray simply said. he hesitated.

Ruben finally gave up his shirt and we sat there for a moment processing what had just happened. i stepped away deciding to process it on my own. i was still a little spooked anyways. i sat down at a few benches, picking the skin off my fingers. it's something i always did whenever i was anxious or just out of it. bad habit of mine though.

"yo star! you good?"

i turn my head seeing ray standing there. i half smiled.

"i'm alright" i simply said. he nodded.

"mind if i sit?" he asked. i patted the spot next to me signaling that it was okay.

"i can tell you really care for stevie" he blurted out.

"of course i do, i care about all of you guys" i said looking at ray.

"yeah but it's different, it's like you're his parent or something which isn't a bad thing. he needs it since he can't really get it at home. you keep us straight you know?" he stated.

"what i've noticed is that the reason why i act like such a parental figure is because i had to become one at such a young age and i act the way i wish i got treated growing up" i explained.

"i mean shi, it makes sense, just really sad" he said. i nodded.

"you're a good person Mazzy," he whispered, "i'm really glad we met you and Giggles, it makes us whole again. it makes me feel whole again. i haven't been able to feel like this since after my brother died. i was like you as well, i didn't have no energy to leave or get up so you know what fuckshit did? he went to my house and dragged my ass out here. And you know whose idea it was to physically come to your crib and check on you after not seeing you for a few days? fuckshit. we barely even knew you but we didn't give no fucks because we knew we wanted to keep y'all in our lives" he rambled.

"i never thought he was the type to do so," i paused before continuing, "that was for real his idea?" i asked.

Ray turned his whole body to look at me, "Star, i promise you he's a good person. just give him a chance and he can do whatever he needs to please you and make you happy" he said. 

"so he does like me?" i smiled.

"girl are you for real right now? of course he likes you! it's been so obvious that it kills me" he rolled his eyes. 

"damn bruh, you're so sassy" i laughed. he shook his head and chuckled.

"there y'all mo'fuckers are! cmon, we're going back to the shop" fuckshit yelled while riding his skateboard towards us with the rest of the group behind him.

"hey ray" i said grabbing his arm before getting up, "thank you again" i whispered. he smiled and nodded.

we drove back to the shop after a long and weird day. it was about 5 o'clock and the breeze was nice. i bobbed my head as the radio was playing. i stuck my hand out of the window, slowly moving it, feeling the air fly through my fingers. the car ride was silent for the most part. i walked into the shop, plopping down onto one of the couches.

"you okay mama?" fuckshit asked quietly. he picked up my head, carefully setting it in his lap as he sat down. i got as comfortable as i could.

"mhm, i'm just tired" i softly said. i could feel him staring at me as i let my eyes rest.

Fuckshit's POV:

"yo fuckshit-"

"shh!" i quietly said pointing at star. she was peacefully sleeping in my lap.

"shi my bad but everyone is heading out. what do i tell Giggles?" Ray whispered.

"hol on" i say before tapping her awake.

"hey mama, don't sleep yet. lemme take y'all home first" i whispered. she hummed and got up.

"yo we'll just skate home just make sure they get home safely" ray said. fourthgrade nodded.

"fosho, i'll see y'all tomorrow then" i said dapping them up.

i get to their house and walk them to their doorstep.

"thank you olan" star said pulling me into a hug. it felt right having her in my arms.

"yeah it's no biggie" i said holding her.

"if it isn't too much to ask, can you spend the night? i liked sleeping next to you, or on you but either way, please?" she asked. i smirked.

"you really do love me don't you?" i teased.

"mm, somethin' like that" she smiled. i chuckled. we stared at each other.

"oh my god, can you just kiss her already?!" Giggles yelled from the window. we laughed.

"yeah can you?" Star smiled.

"the problem is," i said as i leaned in, "if i kissed you, i don't think i'd be able to stop."

"well, i personally don't see a problem olan" she whispered and crashed her lips onto mine. our mouths danced together as i grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. she pulled away and leaned her forehead against mine.

"fuck, shit" i began, "you're fun to kiss"

"you're not so bad yourself" she smirked. i scoffed.

"will you go out with me Mazzy Star?" i asked grabbing her hand.

"thought you would never ask olan" she smiled.