ⅴ. LA, California

as Jesse and Angeline have been on the road for quite awhile now

as Jesse and Angeline have been on the road for quite awhile now. Mazzy has been waiting patiently in her room, with her packed suitcase. she's hyped to see her sister again, let alone live with her again. she wonders what her sister looks like but she just knows she's so beautiful. she always thought Angie was. she misses hearing her sisters laugh and when her eyes would light up at the sound of having a better life.

eventually, Mazzy got called up to her main office. she did admit that she was pretty nervous. she didn't know whether to pass out or scream. maybe hug her sister or tackle her. or possibly just stay still and stare in disbelief. as she was ranting to herself in her head, she was interrupted by someone clearing their throat.

there she was, standing at the door, ready to pounce her sister. Angie smiled widely,

"soo how's life been without me in it?"

"oh my god, you're still the same person" Mazzy shook her head and laughed, "come here you asshole" they both hugged and cried in each others shoulders.

"i fucking missed you Mazzy, you have no idea" Angie cried. "that place is hell dude, i never wanna go back there again, please don't let that happen"

"if mr. Jesse over here takes care of us, i think we'll be good Ang'. you don't have to worry anymore" Mazzy said hugging her tighter. Angie chuckled and wiped her tears. Mazzy knew everything would go back to normal with her sister.

finally after 20 minutes of Jesse filling out some more paper work, the sisters were officially free. Mazzy hasn't been in an actual car since the incident and traveling to different adoption centers. she felt comfortable and safe. but she felt like she had to keep an eye on her sister at all times because she doesn't wanna lose her again. Angie feels like she has to be attached to her sisters side because she doesn't wanna be taken away from her again.

"hey Angie, did you ever make any friends while you were in 'there'?" Mazzy asked looking out the window.

"yeah i did, his name was Kamran. he was separated from his sister at a young age too. recently, they both got adopted by their older brother, Daniel" she responded.

"wait, was his sister named Ina?" Mazzy asked raising her eyebrow. Angie turned around from the front seat to face Mazzy which they both fought over but obviously the younger sister won.

"uh yeah? were you both friends or something?" Mazzy nodded. they both thought that was a coincidence but a possible blessing in disguise. at least they weren't alone. they were grateful that they met such great people.

∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ⋆ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻ ∻

after some time, they arrived to LA. Mazzy and Angie were amazed with the place. it was hot and colorful. there were tall trees and building everywhere. but they quickly learnt there's the poor side and rich side, but there's homeless people everywhere. the sisters felt bad for the people without homes but wished the best for them.

Uncle Jesse's house was pretty decently big. it was a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, perfect for the trio.

"so this is your room Mazzy and this is your room Angie" the tall, greasy haired man pointed to the two rooms next door to each other. Mazzy's was on the left and Angie's was on the right. the girls smiled and quickly started unpacking.

Mazzy quickly finished filling in her drawer with her clothes and sat down on her bed. she looked around the room, observing it. it was a little bigger compared to her last one which she practically shared with Ina, so it felt weird having one room all to herself. she's used to sharing everything and not having things for her only. she's always been there for other people but never for herself. not that she didn't mind but the feeling was just so foreign. she knows she grew up too fast but she had to, who else was gonna take care of her sister? after her mother walked out, she knew she was on her own. but she doesn't regret anything, she loves her sister and she'll do anything for Angie.

"i wonder if i'll make any friends here. if anything, i'd wanna find Ina again. possibly meet Kamran too" she said aloud to herself. but she knew for now, everything would go slow.