ⅶ. nice to meet you

Mazzy's POV:eventually me and Angie got home and sorted our stuff that we bought in my room

Mazzy's POV:
eventually me and Angie got home and sorted our stuff that we bought in my room.

"so that store we walked into, why did you want to go in there? you don't even skate" Angie asked.

"i don't know honestly, those boys just caught my eye while we were walking and i was just curious. but did you see the guy with the golden curly hair?" i said getting excited.

"you mean the guy that's name is literally 'fuckshit'? yeah i saw him. his hair is cool as fuck though" we both laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~ Next Day ~~~~~~~~~~~

i told Angie i wanted to go back to that shop in the morning. so it was about noon and i started walking back to the shop. Angie didn't wanna come along this time so i just left her alone.

i soon entered the shop, the first person i see is Ray at the counter helping someone. the rest of the boys are sitting down at the couches with their eyes glued to the TV. after the customer walked out, he noticed me.

"yo wassup, what can i help you with?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"oh hi, nothing really. i just moved here so i've been exploring and i wanted to see what this store was" i half lied returning the smile.

"oh fosho, welcome to LA. my name is Ray. over there is fuckshit, fourthgrade and ruben. what's yours?" he asked reaching out to shake my hand.

"my name is Mazzy" i said shaking his hand. before Ray could speak once more, fuckshit interrupted.

"yo Ray, who's this?" he asked which caused everyone else to look towards me. my face turned red, i hate having all the attention on me. i find it embarrassing for some reason.

"oh this is Mazzy, she just moved here" Ray said. i smiled at them and waved. fuckshit smirked and walked over to us.

"hey lil mama, you smoke?" he asked. oh so he bold bold? i blushed at the name.

"no shit, i love weed. weed is life in my opinion" i said nodding with a smile. weed was my only getaway when i was in the adoption center. Ina hated that stuff so i never did it around her. but it made me feel at ease.

Ray and fuckshit laughed, "i like her already. here smoke one wit me" fuckshit said. well shit, i haven't smoked in awhile. ever since Ina left, i didn't really feel the urge to because i was so alone. i knew getting high alone while sad wouldn't help me.

he sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to him signaling for me to sit. i felt the rest of the boys eyes on me. suddenly one of them spoke.

"yo what the fuck, who's she?" the dude with the buzz cut snapped. see i knew he was gonna be an asshole.

"'she' has a name. it's Mazzy" i snapped back. he rolled his eyes and turned back to the TV. well he's certainly peachy.

"nah don't mind him, Ruben has it hard at home. his mom beats him and his sister so he just acts out a lot. he's a dick in general" fuckshit whispered to me.

"well me and him got the same life then" i said while shrugging. fuckshit gave me a puzzled look.

"what do you mean?" he asked.

"if you bring out the joint, i'll spill the beans" i said smiling. he chuckled and put his hands up in defense. eventually, he rolled and made the joint and lit it.

"so where'd you move from Mazzy?" i heard Ray ask. i looked down, debating to tell them or not. i mean why not? i don't have anyone to speak to about this.

"uh well, an adoption center about 2 states over. y'all mind if i tell my sob story so it'll make sense?" i asked while taking a big hit from the joint and then passing it to fuckshit. they nodded so i blew the smoke into the air and then continued.

"when i was about 13, me and my sister Angeline got separated from each other after my father beat me and left me to bleed out. after that i had to learn how to live on my own without my sister. my uncle recently adopted us, apparently he never knew about us which doesn't really surprise me. i'm 16 now and reunited with my sister. even though me and her are only half sisters, i still treat her as if she was my real one. my mom bounced after having me, and then my dad found a new bitch which is my step mom but she died having Angeline so i really had no one but Angie and my best friend from the adoption center" i said casually while taking another hit.

"damn, that shit fucked yo" Ray said. fuckshit nodded.

"sorry about your parents Mazzy" i heard fourthgrade say.

"nah it's cool" i said giving him a reassuring smile. fourthgrade is quiet, he keeps to himself and i've noticed that the group sorta picks on him. but i guess they all do that to each other anyways.

at this point, i was in another dimension. i haven't been this high since i first started smoking weed.

"holy shit, i've missed this" i said while looking up with hooded eyes. i heard fuckshit chuckle next to me.

"damn lil mama, you're out of this world for real" he said.

"you gotta love weed though. this shit hits the spot every time" i responded.

a few hours pass by, everyone's eyes were still glued to the TV. i heard the door open which made me look towards it. no one else seemed to notice since they were too focused on the screen in front of them. it was a kid, he looked about 13. he held a skateboard in his left arm and went straight toward the clothing racks pretending to look for a shirt while observing everyone.

"yo these bitches are in Paris. eating nice dinners, staying at nice hotels" Ray said.

"i've been to France before, them bitches are assholes" fuckshit said shaking his head. i chuckled.

"yeah but you went with your parents but imagine if that was us" Ray said looking at everyone.

"Paris is so pretty, i've always wanted to see the Eiffel tower" i said now looking at the TV. i've always wanted to travel and leave this place, either by myself, with my sister, with Ina or my significant other.

"possibly someday" is all Ray said. i tried to see if that boy was there but he left. i didn't even hear the door.

"hey Ray, you got a phone i could use?" i asked looking at him.

"yeah it's next to the register" he said pointing toward it. i nodded and got up. i dialed home and waited for someone to pick up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hello?" i heard Angie say on the other line.

"hey i'm still at the shop, i made new friends" i said with a smile on my face.

"oh really? that's cool. when are you coming home? it's already gonna be 6 and uncle Jesse comes home in about an hour from work" she said.

"oh shit, you right. i'll be home in like 10 or 15 minutes" i said hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hey guys, i'm gonna head home now. it was nice meeting you guys. i'll be back tomorrow and possibly with my sister" i said turning towards the guys.

"fosho, see you tomorrow mamas" fuckshit said. everyone else nodded and waved.

as i was walking the sunset was so beautiful. it mixed well with the clouds. the orange, yellow and slight purple was so pretty. i've always loved sunsets. i always used to smoke at my window while watching them, my two favorite things together and then i'd watch the stars sparkle in the sky. it's so peaceful. but being here is way better now, this is home.