Finishing Up The Shopping

(Dad Kingsley fluff) (We don't honestly get enough of Kingsley, he could have been a great character!)

Hadrius shifted slightly, and opened his eyes. He noticed a man was carrying him and was holding him carefully.

The man looked down and smiled when he saw Hadrius blink adorably in confusion, probably still in a daze as he had just waken up. 

"Finally awake? Why don't we finish your shopping and after, we can talk. Is that fine with you?" The man asked Hadrius. Hadrius nodded and got comfortable in Kingsley's hold. 

"I'm Kingsley Shacklebolt, feel free to call me Kingsley or whatever you're comfortable with," Kingsley said warmly, looking around the place. Hadrius nodded.

"My name is Hadrius Orios Aquatine, you can call me Hadrius," Hadrius said quietly. Kingsley took this as a sign that Hadrius is opening up to him a bit more. 

"Nice to meet you Hadrius, would you like to walk?" Kingsley asked with a smile as the boy's face turned red when he realized he was still in Kingsley's arms. Hadrius nodded shyly and was let down carefully.

"I had some healers head you awhile ago, you can guarantee that there is no more injuries," Kingsley said with a small chuckle, sadness clouding his eyes. Hadrius nodded and continued walking with Kingsley, holding his hand tightly.

"Now, where is your wand?" Kingsley said, scratching his head. Hadrius remembered Orios saying something about Knockturn Alley.

"A wand shop in Knockturn Alley," Hadrius said, kicking a stone with his foot. Kingsley nodded and headed towards the entrance of where Knockturn Alley started. Kingsley didn't think Hadrius was old enough to go through Knockturn Alley and see all the bad stuff going on down there so he covered Hadrius with his cloak, guiding him. 

Once they made it to the shop, Kingsley removed the cloak and entered the store with Hadrius. The wizard, Heverick, greeted them but giving Hadrius a strange look. 

"Mr. Hadrius, where are your parents?" Heverick asked with slight worry, this wasn't the same guardian Hadrius had entered with. 

"I'm Kingsley Shacklebolt, guardian of this boy. The people that claimed to be his parents were friends babysitting him," Kingsley lied smoothly, not wanting to tell the strange man anything of the situation.

"Pleasure to meet you, Lord Shacklebolt. Anyways, Hadrius, your wand finished up a minute ago!" Heverick said cheerfully," Here you go, do take care of it. That would be 4 galleons and 6 sickles."

Kingsley drew his pouch and handed the wandmaker the money. Heverick accepted it with a grin. Heverick slid the wand over and it came with a wand holster. Hadrius attached the holster to his belt and slid his wand into it, not caring to see how it looked.

Kingsley and Hadrius left, Kingsley shielding Hadrius's eyes and guiding him out. Once they were out, Kingsley led them to a near food store, where they ordered something to eat.

"Thank you for paying for my wand, Kings," Hadrius said after he swallowed his food, not noticing his use of the nickname. Kingsley nodded silently and felt joy flood him.

"How does your wand look?" Kingsley asked, hoping Hadrius would open up more. Hadrius shrugged and drew his wand out. 

Kingsley stared at the wand in amazement, it was beautiful

Kingsley stared at the wand in amazement, it was beautiful. Hadrius twirled it between his fingers and thought hard, Was this really his wand?

"Your wand is beautiful, Hadrius," Kingsley said as he regained his posture. Hadrius have him a closed eye smile and Kingsley felt his heart melt. 

Hadrius returned his wand into its holster. Hadrius and Kingsley sat in silence as Hadrius finished up his burger.

"Hadrius, I was wondering...if you'd like to be my son. I may not be perfect, but I promise to love you unconditionally," Kingsley said warmly, a look of hope coming upon his face. Hadrius's face was frozen in shock.

"Please..." Hadrius muttered, not realizing Kingsley heard. 

"Is that a yes?" Kingsley asked hopefully. Hadrius nodded quickly before looking down at the table. He heard the chair across him screech and suddenly he was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. 

"Thank you! I promise to do my best and be a good father," Kingsley said overjoyed. Hadrius squeaked in response. 

"Hadrius Kingsley Shacklebolt, I like it, my son," Kingsley said fondly, smiling down at his new son. Now that he had Hadrius's permission, he just had to win Hadrius's guardianship and make the Aquatines go to Azkaban. 

Sounds easy enough, righ?

___________________________________

That is all! I might turn this back into a Tomarry story, maybe. Idk, comment below which one your want.

Tomarry- Tom Riddle x Harry Potter

Vikarry- Viktor Krum x Harry Potter

Both- Vikarry and Tomarry

Other

Have a good day, folks!