Part 4

Maya's POV

"We think you have a sister" carina said to me as I just look at them both stood there. All I could do is laugh.

"You two are fucking crazy" I say to them as they just stand there looking at me.

"Maya, we are serious" Andy says to me.

"We think you have a sister, a twin sister, remember that woman I told you about yesterday? The one who I thought was you ?" Carina asked me.

"Yeah why ? You think she is my sister because she looks like me, everyone has someone who looks like you." I said getting kind of annoyed at them for just assuming things, of course I don't have a sister, I have a bother and that's it.

"Well she was our patient today, the pregant female, 23 weeks pregnant and we found her with a slash on her abdomen made by knife." Andy added.

"And what ? Just because we look alike you think we are siblings ?" I ask them because at this point she were just talking crap.

"Bambina, you told me you were born at night ?" Carina said.

"Yeah and ?" I ask.

"Well she is the same age as you and was born the day after you, if you were twins then that would be possible , the average twins are born 20 minutes apart, if you were born first then that could be entirely possible." Carina said to me as Andy nodded.

"You two are deluded, like fucking crazy, I don't have a twin, let alone a sister" I said standing up and shouting at me.

"Just call your mama bella" carina told me before leaving with Andy.

WTF, they can't just go around saying I have a sister, just because I look similar to someone, no way, they have no right, I am not going to call my mother because I know what she is going to say: 'I don't have a sister and I'm being crazy'.

Trust me, this is not the end of the conversation between me and carina, she is my wife and can't just go around saying that. But she did remind me to call my mom, obviously not about that, but I try to call or visit every week, she has been a bit lonely since I made her realise she needed to leave my dad, I got her set up in a little apartment down town, it's a cute little place.

Carina's POV

"She is beyond pissed" I said to Andy as we walk out.

"Yeah she is and I feel like she will be for a while" she said to me as we walked up the stair.

"Please don't say anything to anyone, just Incase we are right, and if it's nothing, we can laugh about it later" I tell her.

"Of course carina, my mouth is zipped" she replies.

"Thank you Andy" I say to her as we reached the beanery to see everyone gathered around the table.

"What's going on ?" Andy asks everyone.

"Dean says that he can eat 5 pb&j's in 2 minutes and we said he can't, he's trying to prove us wrong" vic says laughing.

"Okay I need to see this" I said going to the table.

"3,2,1.... Go" Travis shouts as she starts the stop watch.

"5,4,3,2,1!!!!!" Travis shouts as the 2 minutes is up. Dean completing the challenge in a nic of time.

"Fucking hell Dean" jack says as Dean completes it.

"Don't throw up" I say as he looks like he was going to puke.

"I'm not going to throw up, now you owe $20 each !!!!" He cheers in excitement as everyone throws a 20 on the table.

"Oh man, I wanted to buy a box of doughnuts with that 20" Jack complains throwing the money down.

"Well guess I could go buy 6 boxes of doughnuts now" Dean says laughing at everyone.

"Anyways guy, how was the call" Travis asked.

"A pregnant woman with a laceration, baby was all good" I said to him.

Maya's POV

*calls her mum*

Maya: hey mum, how are you ?
Katherine: I'm good thanks Maya, I've just been out for coffee with a new friend
M: that's good mum, getting out the house is good for you, and making friends is great
K: thanks Maya, it's been good to finally have a friend, how's work ?
M: oh just the same old, carina is working with us today.
K: oh carina, how is she, she's such a lovely girl.
M: she's doing good thanks
K: good, good, Maya can I ask you a favour ?
M: sure mum, what's up
K: do you know how to put up shelves?
M: yes I do mum, do you need help ?
K: yes please Maya, I did try but I just can't figure it out, I've found some photos I want to put on them.
M: I'm at work right now, is it okay if I pop by in the morning to do it ?
K: that would be great, thank you so much, I'll see you tomorrow.
M: see you tomorrow mum, love you
K: I love you too Maya
*phone call ends*

————-
Sorry for this really shit part, it's all over the place but I promise the next part will be loads better