Part 10

Carina's POV

I walked towards maya's room but suddenly stopped at the door, I've never seen Maya like this, sure we have been in the hospital several time already, a few burns and scrapes here and there but nothing like this. It's always been other team members and I would have never imagined that it would be Maya next.

I stepped into the room, pulling up and chair and sitting next to maya, taking hold of one of her hands.

"Hi bambina, I'm know you can't hear me, or maybe you can, not sure. But everything is going to be just fine bella, I'm so proud of you for pulling through this and fighting to stay alive. But please please never ever do this to me again" I tell her as tears run down my face, resting my head on her bed.

"I'm okay" I hear in a croaky voice.

"MAYA! Your wake !" I say in excitement.

"Not too loud, my head hurts" she replies.

"Oh I'm sorry bambina, I'm just so glad you are awake, I was so worried" I tell her kissing her on the cheek. "I love you so much"

"I'm sorry" she says a bit upset.

"Oh don't be sorry bambina, it's not your fault" I tell her.

"Maya do you remember what happened?" I ask her.

"I do, I need to speak to the police or the fire investigators unit" she replies.

"What happened bella ?" I ask again.

"I just need to speak to them, please carina" she pleaded.

"Okay okay, let me call Andy" I say

*calls Andy*

A: is she awake ?
C: she is, but she is saying she need to talk to fire investigators department, can you help with that ?
A: of course I can, I'll try to get them to come over as soon as possible
C: thank you Andy
A: that's no problem, can some of us come up ?
C: let me ask her quick ?..... Maya can the team come up?
M: yes please
C: she said yes, but maybe only 2 at the time, she is still pretty weak and is in the icu
A: of course, we will be up in 5
*call ends*

"Andy is going to get them to come and visit you and she said she will be up soon to see you" I tell her.

"Thank you, what happened when I came to the hospital?" She says.

"Well you had glass in your abdomen, by the time I got here you were already in surgery, they told me that the glass had gone through your intestines and it had to fixed, but teddy and Bailey did an amazing job and you will make a full recovery...... but bambina..." I tell her.

"What carina, what is it?" She asks worriedly.

"The glass that was in you had another persons blood on it... and that blood tested positive for hepatitis C, do you know what that is ?" I ask

"It's that a very serious virus, something to do with your pancreas?" She replies.

"Close bambina, it affects your liver, but it's fully treatable, it's currently not showing up on your blood results but just to be safe I told them to start you on the course of antibiotics" I tell her as she seems worried. "But it's okay bella, you are going to be just fine"

"When can I leave" she asks.

"Not for a few days, but don't worry, I'll be right here the whole time" I say as I give her a kiss.

"Carina, be careful, I don't want to give you the virus" she says worried.

"Oh it's okay bambina, it's transmitted through the blood, we are all good" I told her as she gave me a little smile and then kiss me, at that same moment Andy and Vic walk in.

"Knock knock" andy says

"Oh we aren't interrupting anything are we" vic says as she covers hers and andys eyes.

"Don't worry guys" Maya and I say at the same time laughing.

"Owww" Maya says as she reaches for her stomach.

"Be careful bambina, you don't want to rip the stitches" I tell her.

"How are you feeling Maya?" Vic asks her.

"Pretty good actually, it might be the morphine they gave me though, I feel like a teenager when I did edibles for the first time" she says as we all look at her in shock.

"You have done drugs before !!" Andy asks.

"Just weed" she replies.

"I actually can't believe you did that, I thought you were a goodie too shoes" vic replies.

"My wife is a stoner" I say as we all laugh.

"Guys, it was only the one time, they were so strong, I thought I was on the moon, like gravity didn't exist" she says pulling a face.

"Well guess I just learnt a new thing about my wife today" I say.

"Oh come on, you can't tell me that you guys have never done it" she says to us.

"I haven't" I reply.

"Neither" vic replies. "Come on I was a theatre kid"

"Well I have, several times, with Ryan" andy says.

"Well we all expected that" Maya says to her as we all laugh again.

"Any ways, I spoke to the chief and they will be over here in an hour to talk to you" andy tell Maya.

"Thank you" she replies.

"Oh and here is your stuff, we made dad go get it for you" vic says to her as she hands her, her bag.

"Thank you vic" she says to her.

"Dad?" I question.

"Warren, we call her dad because he is basically the dad of the firehouse, always looking out for us and tells us when we screw up" Maya says.

"Oh and you.. you are" vic was saying before Maya interrupted.

"Oh she doesn't need to know that" Maya says.

"What, tell me !!! Tell me now Maya bishop" I says angrily.

"You are the fire house mom" andy says. "You always turn up at the right time, you do our washing, bring the best food ever and clean, a lot"

"Oh, why did you guys never tell me ?" I ask.

"Because we thought you would get mad" Maya replied.

"I'm not mad, I think it's sweet" I reply to them.

"Can you please check my phone baby ?" Maya asks me.

"Of course" I say as I find her phone from her bag. "Your mom wants to know if we can come to dinner tomorrow oh and addy text you"

"Can you please ask my mom if we can do it next week ? And what did addy say?" She ask.

"Hold up, addy as in your twin sister !!" Andy exclaims !!

"Hold up !! You have a twin" vic says surprised.

"Yes I have a twin vic, I found out about 2 weeks ago and today I went to visit her and she is so sweet, you will love her, anyways what did she say." Maya asks me.

"Hey Maya, I'd just like to say thank you for coming by earlier, I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife today, I never believed that meeting my sister would never happen, but here am I texting you to ask her if she would have to grab coffee some time, if not it's no bother, your sister addy xx" I read out to her.

"Awww that's sweet of her, tell her yes and I'll call her tomorrow, to explain what happened, but obviously don't tell her I'm in the hospital" she tells me as I start to write a text to her mom and sister.

"Captain bishop, we heard you had news about the fire from this morning?" someone said from the door of mayas room.

"I do" she replies.

——————

What do you think about Maya, carina, vic and Andy all getting high together ?