Part 6

Carina's POV

"Carina I'm so sorry" Maya said to me as she opened the door to our apartment.

"You have done nothing wrong bella" I said to her as I realised that she had tears in her eyes so I got up from the sofa and walked towards her to wrap her in my arms.

"I did, I shouted and got angry at you for telling me that I had a sister, but you were right, I do" she tells me as I sit there in shock looking at her.

"Come here bambina" I told her as I brought her closer to me to lean onto me. "What did you say to your mama ?"

"She was showing me some baby photos when I noticed that some of them were different and when I asked her about it she said they were my cousins, but after she eventually told me that I was right, you were right, I have a twin sister, addy" she told me still crying as I wrapped my arms around her.

"Do you know what happened to her, why they kept you and not her ?" I asked her kinda intrigued.

"Apparently it was my dad, both of us would not stop crying, so one night he just took her to a fire station and left her and just came home like nothing had happened, my mom didn't even know, she tried looking for her but she had no look and just gave up" she told me wiping away her tears.

"Oh bella, I'm so so sorry this happened to you, why don't we get to bed, we have been awake for 30 hours, let's get some rest to clear your head and we can talk who's more when we wake up okay?" I suggested to her knowing that she was about to fall asleep any second.

"Okay, but why didn't you go to bed already, you're been up for ages too?" She asked me.

"We did the exact same shift bella and you went to help your mama, I wasn't going to sleep until you got back safely." I tell her as I help her up.

"I love you carina" Maya said as we walked to the bedroom and got changed.

"I love you too bambina, now let's get some sleep" I tell her as we get into bed before I turn off the light and she snuggles right up next to me

-

It was now about 3pm when I woke up and rolled over to look at my clock, we don't want to sleep too long else we would never fall asleep tonight, so I decided to wake Maya up even though she looked so peaceful.

"Maya, bambina, it's time to wake up" I told her as I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Nooooo, I'm sos tired" she replied rolling onto her side to face me.

"Me too bella, but you know we have to wake up else we won't sleep tonight" I told her as she nodded her head in agreement.

"I know, I know, I'm up" she tells me sitting up as I also sit up so she can lean against me, Maya may seem like she always wants to be in charge, but with me, she is the big soft baby.

As she learns her head against my shoulder I start to play with her hair. "Do you want to talk more about what happened this morning bambina?" I asked

"Well there is not really that much more to say, I have a twin sister who my dad abandoned and my mum never told me about her." She tells me.

"Well aren't you curious to get to know her, or even meet her at least?" I asked her because we both know that it would be super easy to find her.

"No, because she probably hates me, she was the twin who was dropped off at a fire station and probably bounced around foster homes all her life, while I was the twin they kept and loved and who they always pushed to be their best." She told me with a tear in her eye.

"Okay bambina, that's fine, but if you change your mind, you can always come to me and I will help you every step of the way." I tell her. "What would you like to do the rest of your day?" I asked her.

"I know, thank you baby, and I want to sit here, with you, watch a crappy movie and eat chips for the rest of the day in bed" she tells me and I chuckle.

"Maya Deluca Bishop taking a rest day, I never thought I would see this day, but of course we can bambina" I told her.

I quickly got up and ran to the kitchen, to grab us a few drinks and loads of snacks to eat before returning to our bedroom, placing the glasses on the side and dumping all the snacks on the bed before getting back into bed and turning on the film. Maya and I cuddled right up next to each other.

"What's she like ?...... my sister?" Maya suddenly asks 20 minutes into the film.

"Bambina, I'm not sure, I wasn't with her very long, but all I know is that you look identical, right down to the facial expression, like that cute little scary angry face you make when you are pissed off with someone, and that she is really caring like you, she didn't worry about herself but about her baby, that was the first thing she asked me about" I tell her.

"What do you think I should do ?" She asks me.

"Bella, that's not upto me to decide, but if it was me I think I'd want to meet them, no one could ever release Andrea but I don't think I could live without every meeting my sister, especially if it was my twin sister, you don't have to like her, or stay in contact. I would just give it a chance to see how things end up, talk to her because for all you know she could have lived the best life possible, got adopted by some rich parents, have loads of sibling or have the most loving family" I tell her.

"I think I want to meet her"

————
Sorry this took so long, I've been ill while also going to work so all my energy has be drained