Prologue

"I'm not marrying some complete stranger!"

Quickly getting up from the leather chair that stood in front of my fathers desk, I needed to make my escape before I really lost my shìt.

"Giuliana sit back down this instant! This is not a discussion, as much as I don't like it this is an arrangement since before you were born"

Stopping in front of the door, I slowly turned back to face my father. Still in shock about the news I sat down again blinking away the tears that threatened to fall. My father was a logical man and he must had good reasons to agree to do such a thing.

"I had plans with my life daddy. I want to finish college and help with the company so you don't have to work so hard"

Lowering my head I could see my father come around from his desk and hug me.

"My baby girl, this hurts me more than you know. Fate has dealt me a horrible card and asked for the most precious thing in my life, you. But this must be done"

Laying into my fathers chest I just let him hug me. I wanted details, why must this happen?

"I'm only 19"

"The arrangement was for you to marry Vincenzo Giordano by the age of 20"

Exhaling a deep breath that I didn't realize I was holding, how was I going to marry a man 9 years older than me and that is known to sleep with different woman as much as I change panties.

"Can you just answer me this- why this type of arrangement?"

Pulling back from me my fathers green eyes, the same green eyes that I have looked at me sympathetically.

"To ensure both our families stay united. Theirs details I cannot disclose but it's for your protection"

I felt my chest tighten as I tried to grasp the information I was just told. I just came for spring break and now I'm told I have to get married in two months. My protection was the only thing my father emphasized. My father was the only person I had since my mother died when I was four. We only had each other. I would do anything for him, including marrying a complete stranger.