Chapter 11

Not Edited-

Walking out of Giuliana's bedroom I slowly closed the door behind me. The lack of self control I had around her was evident and consuming, I made her mine over and over in the course of a couple of hours. Walking down the dark hall I walked toward the office here my father and brothers were likely waiting for me. Opening one of the mahogany double doors I walked in to see them lounging around with glasses of brown fluid.

"You finally decided to show up eh?" My father gave me a small smile as if he knew what I was doing.

"I was caught up pops, in here now" pouring myself a glass of brandy, I sat next to my brother Gio on the leather chair beside him.

"We all heard you being caught up Enz." Gio smirked and laughed in a hushed manner.

"Fanculo" I muttered under my breath.
(Fúck off)

"Can we get this over with?" Looking at Michael who was obviously in a piss mood, my father cleared his throat before speaking about business, so I thought.

"I don't want you ruining that girl Vincenzo, she's not like your ready-made whóres. This was suppose to be a favor to her father but the degenerate bàstard wants to turn his back on me!" Slamming his glass on the dark cherry wood of the desk, it was rare for my father to show so much anger. He was always calm and calculated about any situation.

"I've known him since we were a children, a brother to me and he gets in trouble because of his own vices, and to save his ass he agrees to have his own daughter murdered? pezzo di merda!" My father slid his glass of whatever was left of the brown substance away from him while he ran his hand down his face.

We all sat there taking in the implications of what it was to have Giuliana here with us. Things were getting complicated and dangerous within the families of New York. Truces were being tested just to ensure Giuliana's safety.

"We just need find the bàstard and be done with him" Michael sat on the other seat closer to my father.

"Ridding ourselves of Antonio won't make his debt go away son, Bernardi is hell bent on making Giuliana pay for her father's debt. It seems he has a personal vendetta against the girl" my father leaned in with both elbows on the desk, his hands were clasped together as I felt anger surged through me.

"He's not getting to Giuliana unless he goes through me first" I sat back in my seat calm and collected. Knowing these men in my father's generation were more strict about crossing lines, I was more of shoot first ask questions later type.

"Vincenzo, this is complicated son. The truce with Bernardi is in jeopardy, the Cavallos can take us both out and control the European trade because of a supposed debt. You care for Giuliana eh?" My father sat forward facing me, as I was taken back by he question.

"She's innocent to all of this pops, the girl has nightmares of being strangled not knowing the true meaning behind the night terrors" looking away, I couldn't say that I cared for Giuliana because it would seem more than what it really was. We were more tolerant towards each now, even fúck but the feelings weren't there, I didn't allow them to be.

"He asked if you cared for her Enz. Not what she deserved" seeing a hint of a smile on Michael's face, I could feel myself grip the glass tighter in my hand.

"Why does it matter? She knows this is an arrangement for her safety" placing the glass cup on the desk, I stood up and ran a hand through my hair.

"You fúck all of your arrangements?" Michael laughed, I knew he was purposely trying to get me angry. It was working.

"Just the ones I know that get the tip of your dìck wet Mike, she's mine get over it" I smiled as I sat back and watched his face contort into anger.