Chapter 8

"A war? I know Google doesn't detail everything Enzo so how am I supposed to know when you spend most of your time mad at me more than explain to me how things work?"

I knew about what Enzo did but this was all confusing. Growing up my father tried sheltering me from the lifestyle that was casually around us but I did know bits and pieces of what was going on because of Cassie. She often would get in trouble by hooking up with guys that worked for her father, who I thought was just entrepreneur when in reality he was head of in underground organization.

"Google just gets the bits, we're like businesses, we have certain areas in the city where we make money and we stay in our area unless we have permission to conduct deals in other family's territory. The Bernardi's is one of those family's, who Mariana is married to the head, John Bernardi who also is Valentina's father. Now do you understand why you can't act the way you did? You're a target in John's eyes already because of your father's debt, I took care of what happened today because I had no choice"

I glared at him for a second, I couldn't speak up to a crime boss's wife because it interfered with street politics and could get me killed quicker than expected?

"Am I not going to be your wife soon? And It's okay for them to disrespect me though? I don't understand these street optics Enzo, those women were purposely were trying to ruin my day. Which they succeeded"

Sitting back down on the bed I felt like I was alone in this, if Enzo didn't defend me from people like this, who will?

"What did they tell you to make you act out like you did?"

Enzo walked closer toward the bed and was now sitting next to me waiting for me answer.

"Why does it even matter Enzo? I just have to let them treat me like shìt right?"

"Nobody is going to treat you like shìt, look I know I let my anger get the best of me when you got here but I wanted you here earlier so you could of told me what happened. You left leaving me to believe that you were in the wrong, I had to apologize to John which I hated. Now tell me, what happened"

Like I wanted to relive the situation again.

"Your girlfriend and her mother--"

"She's not my girlfriend, now go on"

Cutting me off, I glared at him as his expression wasn't amused.

"Anyways, Valentina and her mother kept being rude throughout he fitting. I didn't say anything until Valentina was basically calling me flat chested, which I don't mind but with a padded bra I'm a decent cup size mind you--"

"Giuliana your tìts are fine, now go on to why you got physical"

I guess he likes my breasts, that was unexpected.

"She said even if I wanted to make them bigger that wouldn't be able to since my father is broke so I since I was in the stool I was as tall as her and took advantage, Isabella came in when I had a handful of the Sasquatch's hair and thought I was attacking her for no reason"

Glancing up at Enzo I could hear him laughing, why is he laughing?

"Sasquatch?"