Chapter 9

||Republished Version ||

"I feel like fighting him" I sat on the sofa in the sitting area of the bedroom I shared with Enzo as I ranted to Cassie. It's been four days and Enzo has been avoiding me at all costs, even sleeping somewhere else at night.

"He's all up in his feelings, I swear guys can be worse than females but if you fought him I'll have to have my money on him"

What a friend.

"Thing I don't get is why make a big deal out of it? People have sèx all the time, it just made me feel bad that he said it was a mistake. He probably didn't like it, I don't know" With my psychology textbook on my my lap, I tapped my pen on my notebook out frustration.

"I don't know what to say Lia, I never met a guy that regretted having sèx with me, is he still avoiding you?"

Shifting the phone to my other ear, it was like he was trying to quarantine himself from me. "It was quick but I didn't think it was all that bad, and yes he's still avoiding me like I'm the damn plague. Whatever, I'm meeting Isabella for lunch so I'll let you go"

"Want me to come with just in case those cúnts are there again? I stole a club from my dads office, see if those bìtches run their mouth with no teeth after I'm done with them" Cassie knew about Valentina's family but after telling her what happened it increased her dislike for them.

"No I'll be okay, I'll text you when I get a chance"

"Fine, have fun"

"Will do"

Ending the call I pushed my textbook and notebook to the side of me when I heard Enzo come in. Avoiding me by acting like I wasn't even in here, he went into his closet to change into one of his many Armani and Tom Ford suits. Scrolling through my phone I've been trying to contact Marie but she's also been avoiding me.

Looking up from my phone I got up to grab my purse and leave when Enzo came out toward the door at the same time. Our eyes met before he tried moving past me when I blocked him from leaving. "Can we talk?"

His eyes were taking me in but I couldn't make out any emotion. "Not now"

"Just five minutes" This man was difficult but I was tired of this awkwardness.

"I don't have time for this right now Giuliana"

"I'm just asking for a couple of minutes Enzo, it's not like I'm begging for your attention"

Without saying another word he walked around me and left. I guess he wasn't up for those couple of minutes. Heaving a sigh I made my way out of the room so I could leave. With Enzo avoiding me I felt a little bit more freedom even though Jimmy followed me everywhere. Just yesterday I was trying to purchase tampons and he was right next to me. Looking at what I was buying with such curiosity. Walking down the steps I glanced at Sarai while she adjusted the pillows on the sofa.

"Sarai you don't have to make dinner today, since it's only been me for the past few days you can take an extra day off"

I was told the the staff that Enzo hired was off in the weekends unless there was a special occasion. Enzo had Sarai as a housekeeper, a chef named David and Eloise as head housekeeper.

"Are you sure Miss? I don't want Mr. Giordano to be upset with me"

"Sarai he won't be upset with you, inform David and Eloise they're off for he rest of the day. Have a good weekend"

Jimmy stood waiting by the door just watching and listening to what was going on and most likely taking notes to tell Enzo as soon as he could. Asshóle.