Chapter 5

I could hear conversation through the haze that I was in, words were becoming clear as I drifted from consciousness to sleep. I remembered having a panic attack and out of fear I must've passed out. Walking near my bedroom door I could the voices coming from Enzo's office.

"I didn't choke her Caso, I- I just pushed her back by the throat and she started panicking scratching me and she fainted. I'd never hurt her" Enzo's voice was husk and a tone of annoyance was evident.

"Carter is on his way to make sure she's okay. What about you? You seem startled"

"I'm fine, if my father finds out about this shìt he won't think I'm capable of taking over his empire"

"You proved you're than capable Enz, it's just the whole marriages has to be finalized for the commission to accept the complete shift of power from your father to you"

I could hear Enzo shift in a office chair as he placed something heavy down on his desk.

"These fúcking rules will be he death of me, I don't need a wife, that'll be my weakness, a target for others to use her against me"

Asshóle.

Walking away from the door I could hear them walk down stairs so I immediately started looking for clothes. Glancing at my broken phone on the floor Looking around again I didn't see my clothes that Caso was supposed to bring before grabbing a pair of sweats, t shirt and a pullover hoodie out of Enzo's closet. Trying to be as quiet as possible I could feel the heat of my anger make my cheeks flush.

All he cares about was what his daddy thought of him, he didn't care that he scared the hell out of me by putting his hand around throat. My nightmares consisted of me being choked to the point I was dying, it really sacred me but when he pushed me back I could feel my nightmare come to life. Once dressed I looked for my heels, the only shows I came here with. I'd rather let whoever is out to kill me than to stay with someone who thinks he can use me for only his benefit.

Clutching my heels against my chest, I was barefoot as I made my way down the hallway to a smaller stairway that must've been used for the housekeepers. Once I was at the second floor my nerves were now getting the best of me, I could hear people coming up and down the stairs as I hid in what was a laundry room.

"She's not in her room boss" Jimmy shouted from the main staircase.

Once I heard footsteps rush up the stairs I made my way toward the main staircase and down to the bars main floor which was empty. Pulling the hoodie over my head I was at the from doors when I felt an arm grip my arm pulling me back in. Pulling away he instantly wrapped his his arm around my waist holding me close to him.

"Let me go!"

"Not so quick" Enzo's voice caused me to drop my heels. Not facing him I heard footsteps come down to where we were at.

"I want to leave Enzo" trying to sound confident my voice came out shaky.

"Leave us" not saying a word the men dispersed leaving us alone. I was panting as I tried my hardest to get out of Enzo's grip.

"Stop moving and I'll let you go, if you try to run again I'll show you no mercy and drag you upstairs" His voice sent shivers down my spine as I stood there frozen.

"I just want to leave, I'm not marrying you8"

"Where are you suppose to go Giuliana? You have no money, no phone you're wearing my clothes for christ sake. A word of advice, those heels don't go well with that outfit"

That smirk, that cócky smirk was on of his face as he eyed me from head to toe. Anger filled me as I picked up one of my heels to throw at him when he picked me up over his shoulder and took me up stairs. Hitting his back didn't phase him and once we were in the bedroom he threw me on the bed.