Chapter 4

After being introduced to Vince's business associates as his fiancé, I was ready to make a dash for the door and leave right after dinner was served. Not knowing anyone or what they're talking about just made my head hurt. Luckily I've been slipping a few drinks here and there while Vince entertained his associates. Taking a sip from my glass, I felt so out of place as I watched everyone enjoy themselves.

Drink, drink, drink some more.

Not interrupting their conversation about supply and demand, shipments and products, I just zoned out not even knowing what type of business Vincenzo's was in.

Well the legitimate side of his business.

"That's ridiculous Enzo, how can anyone make a profit when the consumer is not willing to pay that amount?"

I just sat there watching as this blonde placed her fingers in Vince's suit jacket as if she was removing a piece of lint, she was smiling and if I was correct I could tell she was attracted to him by her body language. Shit, this bìtch even called him Enzo like she knew him personally.

I want to call him Enzo, he freaks out when I call him Vince, so I'll keep calling him Vince. My little nickname for him, whether he likes it or not.

Slowly getting up from the dark red velvet seat, I wanted to go and explore this cocktail room. The dinner was already over and cocktails were being served, so I took two martini's as I went for my own personal tour of this place, specifically looking for an outdoor patio. I just needed some fresh air to breath.

My thoughts kept going back to my father, he's bankrupt and hid it so well from me. As walked through French double doors I found some peace and quiet away from the laughs and conversations I wasn't a part of. The New York breeze sent chills down my spine as I drank the martini, I wasn't much of a drinker but tonight was the exception.

"You should of told me you were coming out here"

A groan slipped from my mouth as I tried picking out an olive when Vince swiftly took it away.

"Hey, I wasn't done with that"

Placing my glass down on a glass end table away from, I reached for my other untouched martini for him to just take that one away too.

"As I recall, you're not of age to be drinking"

His eyes never looked into mine, he kept focused on the view of the city lights.

"I won't tell if you don't, Vince"

Hearing him release a frustrated sigh, I tried reaching for my drinks for him to only block the way by sitting in the seat before me.

"Vince?"

Okay now he's looking at me, his glare is like him throwing daggers at me. He hates me.

"If you can't pronounce Ven-chenzo just call me Enzo"

~~

She sat there not braking eye contact, fear radiating off her body. I just didn't understand why she keeps calling me Vince.

"Well Enzo, I need to use the restroom "

Getting up from the seat I could tell she was a little wobbly, from all the vodka martini's she thought I didn't see her drink.

"I'll help you"

"I'm fine " Her words were a bit slurred as she stood up to straighten her dress.

"It wasn't a question Giuliana, I can't have you embarrassing me in front of business associates"

Dìck.