Chapter 1

It's been a week since I found out that I was going to marry Vincenzo, who I barely knew. My father and I were often invited to his family events such as birthday parties and such but as I got older and graduated from high school almost four years ago, I've been busy in college which I only had a semester to finish. Graduating at sixteen had its advantages in finishing school early. Since it was my last week of spring break and being in New York so my father arranged for us to have dinner with the Giordano's.

As my fathers driver drove me back home I looked out the suv's window wishing I could be back in California at school. Being home meant I was constantly guarded by my fathers men or bodyguards. Once home I took the elevator straight to the floor my bedroom was located so I could avoid seeing my father. My anxiety was high and I had only two hours before our visitors arrived. Leaving my bags on my bed I wanted some fresh air before I started to get ready.

Leaving my bedroom I went upstairs to the roof deck to get some fresh air before I started to get ready. The building that surrounded us were twinkling with their lights. My thoughts were running ramped and all I could think of was how I was going to break the news to my boyfriend Kyle back at school. We've been dating for almost 6 months after being friends since I was eighteen and things were getting serious. Feeling my phone vibrate from my back jean pocket I pulled it out to see that Kyle texted me that he missed me. Texting that I missed him also I headed back to my room to get ready for this uneventful night.
~
Not believing I had to marry some spoiled brat for my families sake I held all my anger in as best as I could until the nights event was over. I was a 29 year old man running my family's multimillion dollar company, I had no time for relationships or to babysit some teenager. Giuliana Flores was easy on the eye but not my type. She is what I would call a prude, finishing school early she was much too involved in her studies to even know what fun is. Since I was a simple man with simple needs and once those needs were fulfilled I went back to my single life that consisted of me handling all my families businesses which I was partially in charge of since my father was still involved.

Giuliana's family and my family also had business dealings together, our fathers also had what we called side businesses that I knew wasn't legal but helped fund our companies that were the face of our family's wealth. Being in charge of all this was complicated and dangerous which I didn't want to involve anyone outside our circle.

"Enzo doesn't seem so pleased to be getting married"

Glancing over to my younger sister Elena who was sitting next to my mother smirking knowing that I was dreading this dinner.

"Elena don't pester your brother, he's of age to marry and so are you"

Seeing the look of surprise on my sister as my father pointed out the obvious, she was twenty three years old and had a quite similar situation to me in the romance department. We didn't want to settle.

"All of my children need to marry and give us grandchildren Francesco. We're not getting any younger"

My father nodded in agreement as the driver pulled up to the Flores five story home in Manhattan. The limestone building was accented in dark anchor windows that was on each side of the black double doors. Exiting the suv last I followed my parents and sister through the iron gate entry that lead us toward the home. Once the door opened revealing the housekeeper we stood in the foyer when Antonio appeared from the elevator that was across the grand staircase.

"Francesco, it's nice to see you my old friend! Isabella, your still with this old goat?"

Hugging my mother first and finally my father, Antonio was a widow since his wife died unexpectedly and refused to marry again. My father Francesco and Antonio were friends since they were children when they grew up in the poorest part of New York. My father who was Italian and Antonio who was Spanish always looked out for each other as brothers even till this day.