chapter 4: cry

✿ ✿ ✿

✿ ✿ ✿

It's three in the morning and I still lie awake in the bed. After emptying my stomach, I happily took a shower and changed into another set of clothes one of my brothers brought into my room last night. Just like yesterday, I'm not able to sleep right now. I'm too frightened of that stupid monster to have the privilege of resting in this comfortable, cozy and warm bed.

Because I hadn't drunk any water during dinner due to the fact that the conversations I had with my brothers kept me occupied, I feel my throat dry, with an itchy feeling that's bugging me. I mentally slap myself for not having brought a water bottle. I really crave some fresh water right now.

I get out of bed and tiptoe silently to the door, opening slightly to take a peek at the vacant hallway. Hopefully everyone is asleep at the moment and I won't get caught going to the kitchen.

I'm speaking as if what I'm about to do is illegal.

I'm relieved when I manage to make my way to the kitchen without having to turn on the lights. This was challenging. I begin opening cupboards as careful as possible in order to find a glass. I think I remember Kipp getting one from the middle one.

     Bingo.

     I go over to the sink and fill up the glass. The water trickling down my throat hurts at first because of my dryness, but I feel so much better when I have gulped down a couple of glasses. I leave the glass on the sink, since I have no idea which cupboard the dishwasher is, not that I was going to look for it now anyway. I open the door leading to the living room and I freeze when I spot the brother who stormed out of the dinning hall earlier and the one with the tattoos sitting comfortably on the couches.

     Double shoot.

     I look back into the kitchen trying to discover any other magical door, so I will not have to walk through the living room, where this two scary brother of mine reside in. There's none, great. I jump and hide behind the door when I hear the noise of the TV playing. Are they not tired? My eyes can't handle so much light this late at night.

     My curiosity increases when they start speaking, alternating between Spanish and English.

     "You're an idiot, you know that?" The tattoo brother says while drinking something that probably has alcohol. I doubt it's water. "Voski no te ha pedido que hagas mucho por ella, con ignorarla como yo vas bien. Tampoco tienes que ser tan brusco."

    (Voski didn't ask you to make much effort with her, by ignoring her like I am you're good. You don't need to be so harsh.)

     "Eso es lo que planeo hacer y además, no es que sea mi problema."

     (That's what I'm planning to do and besides, it's not like she is my problem.)

     "She is, she's your sister after all."