chapter 11: drive

✿ ✿ ✿

✿ ✿ ✿

     Kipp and I keep driving around as the digital clock of the car marks eleven o'clock in the night. We tried not to wolf down the chips from McDonald's when we got our order, but it proved to be an impossible task. Kipp was right, best chips in the whole wide world and even though we mostly ate the crispy and salty chips, my brother ordered us a hamburger in case we got more hungry.

Both of them ended up in our stomachs, obviously.

Because we ate them in the car, he said to be very careful and not drop any ketchup or sauce on the seats because the car was brand new and had been gifted to him a few days ago for his birthday, which I didn't know until now. For now, the inside of the car is intact. No dirt visible to the eye.

Then Kipp decided he needed to show me something so we threw all the paper bags of food to a nearby bin and he started the car right up again.

It's been around ten minutes and he refuses to spill our final destination before heading back home. Still, I'm trying to figure it out before getting to whatever place he's attempting to get to.

"Pretty please?" I beg him, my body turns slightly to left to face him and get a better view of him. Music plays in the background, the volume of the song not as loud as when we were exiting the mansion because now we're talking and we were not before.

"I'm not telling you, sis." His response comes back mockingly, laced with mystery as well as excitement. He gives a sideways grin triumphantly, adding more emphasis to his words because he won't open his mouth to tell me where we are going.

"Come on, Kipp."

"Nope. Wait and you'll see." His eyes remain on the road ahead of us.

"Even the first letter of that place?" I try.

"Can't do that, hermanita. You'll guess it then on your first try," he retorts.

     That does not really give me any clues to discover the place, but I don't give up. "Why? Do people tend to go there?"

     He turns his eyes to me for a second. "Not telling you."

     "Mall? Restaurant? Swimming pool?" I list the most common locations one would usually step into at least once in a week. I'm not scared with him to talk too much, not scared of him getting tired of me. If that were to happen I think it'd be the other way around. This guy has more energy than skyrockets do, which he says he gets it from his ColaCao in the mornings. He explained it was a Spanish type of drink where you add cacao to hot milk and mix it all together. The result is amazing, he says.

     He promised he'll make me one in the morning for me to try, even if in the end I decide it's not my cup of tea.

     "Uhh... I think malls are closed already, we already had dinner at McDonald's and... girl, we have two huge pools back home. I wouldn't wan to dive in a public while having this luxury." He pauses. "Besides, it's freezing and we're certainly not wearing the proper clothes to swim right now."