chapter 7: help

✿ ✿ ✿

✿ ✿ ✿

"Hey guys." The voice of my other oldest-youngest blonde brother breaks out through the air. He's wearig the same clothes as before. Blue jeans with a red sweatshirt, but I'm surprised to see he's not wearing any shoes but colorful socks, not very elegant of him but nonchalanty he looks good with anything. With how shiny and clean this house's floor are, I'm flabbergasted that he hasn't slipped yet. "A very annoying Niko said you needed me...?" he asks confounded, furrowing his eyebrows, a few wrinkles appearing on his forehead.

"Uh...," Lennox looks dumfounded for a second but he quickly recomposes. "Ah, yes, yes. Necesito que la sujetes porque no quiero que se mueva cuando le cure la espalda y la barriga." I don't understand anything that has come out of his mouth so I move my gaze to my fidgeting hands playing with Kipp's t-shirt.

(I need you to hold her because I don't want her to move when I treat her back and belly.)

"Good... Good, yep." Kipp made a move to walk towards me and he props himself right next to me on the counter. "Hey hermanita," he greets me for a second time with that Spanish nickname I have no idea what it means as he wiggles his eyebrows

(little sister)

"Hi," I say.

"Come here, so big brother Lens can cure you," he instructs, opening his dangly legs and patting the space between them. I gawk at Lennox, as if looking for any confirmation, which he does give me, nodding his head emphatically.

"Come on, peque, the faster you sit, the faster it'll be done." He gifts me a smile as he reminds me that the pain is just temporary, it won't last forever. Wish I could apply that to my sister too.

(little one)

She feels as if she were a burn from the fire, but different because it doesn't feel like it's going to heal anytime soon. She feels as if she were impregnated on my skin, clutching it tightly.

I snap myself out of my thoughts and climb into the space in between my brother's long legs. His radiant smile stays tugging at his lips always, as if it were there to reassure me I'll be perfectly fine. Silently, I thank him for it.

He puts his hands on my waist to readjust me and Lennox comes forward to start cleaning the burns and small cuts on my stomach.

"No, ow!" I squeak loudly as my brother as he began applying some type of spray to disinfect it first. My belly was tingling and it only kept getting worse. He was using a guaze to softly pat around the area. I appreciate him being gently but the sensation that hits me when the gauze makes contact with my skin, is unedurable.

Kipp's arms beneath my chest keep me in place, his legs trapping mine too. I'm grateful for it, otherwise I would have accidently kicked someone, certaintly not Lennox. This hurts like a beach.