(2023) BEFORE YOU READ:

Hello!

I'm so glad you decided to click on my story. I really hope you love it, but I just wanted to outline a few things before you read. :')

If you're here from one of my other books - this one isn't quite the same. I wrote this book when I was 14 years old, and at the time I was super, super proud of it. (In fact, the first draft/plot of Rain, I wrote when I was TWELVE. Yes, twelve - obviously lacking a lot of the details, and explicit parts). But, I'm almost 20 now, and so I'd like to think my writing has evolved a bit since then! 

I love this book mainly for nostalgia reasons. The main reason I've kept it on Wattpad, is because so many of you have said what it means to you (which is such an unbelievable honour), and that it helped you through some hard times. And it definitely did that for me, too - when I wrote this five years ago, I was going through some of the worst things I ever have, and this book pulled me out of an incredibly dark place. I will always, always love it, and these characters for that reason.

I was a child when I wrote this, and I think that means I didn't do a lot of the storylines justice in this book. It's a little random and messy, at times; there are some plotholes, some odd dialogue, and I'm sure there's some things that don't really make sense. I've thought about going back and changing it, or scrapping it altogether, but I decided against it for the sake of honouring what I used to be so proud of. 

When I finished this book, I had around 2000 readers, which was an unspeakable number to me - I'd have never thought that five years later, in 2023, we'd have well over a MILLION. It blows my mind that Rain has ever got to this point, and I'm so unbelievably grateful for all of you, former readers, current readers, future readers. I wish I could go back and tell my little 14-year-old self, going through everything she was going to, that Rain would get here - I don't think she'd have ever believed me. 

All I've ever wanted since I was a child was to be a writer, and Rain gave me a taste of doing that! That being said, a lot of what I'm saying here probably comes from a place of being overly critical of myself, but I always want to keep improving!

I think if you're coming from one of my other books, the standard of writing in this one may come as a bit of a shock. But I know this book has touched a lot of people (and I still really do love it), and so I don't think I'll ever take this one down.

But, there are definitely some others I'd love - or even prefer - you to check out! Let me run you through what I've been up to since I finished Rain in 2018. :')

Art - I wrote this just after Rain, so it definitely has its own flaws. I wrote Art when I was 15, but I still hold it very close to my heart! It's a third-person, very soft Harry fic, which deals with some really sensitive topics, so just be advised before reading! There is a TW for sexual assault attached.

Scrabble - this one was honestly just a bit of fun! This is short, fast-moving story that I wrote a few years ago. It was mostly experimental - set in 1989, a small town is disrupted by a string of murders that take place. This one's pretty fun, and it's a different Harry from the ones I've written before.

And, finally - Matilda. :')

As I'm writing this, in 2023, Matilda is an ongoing book. I don't think I've ever put so much thought and planning into a book as I have with this one. It's got real-life Harry, on tour, and I just adore it. (In a few years, I'll probably look back on it in the same way I do with Rain, but as of right now, Matilda is my favourite child.) This book is already a lot longer than my other ones, and there's a lot going on - I'd LOVE for you to go over and read it instead. The styles of each of my books are all pretty different to each other, but I think this one is going to be my favourite. I hope it'll be yours, too. <3

I'll finally shut up now. If you choose to go over to one of my other books instead, then I really hope you love them. And if you choose to stick around here, I really hope you love Rain, too. It'll always be so special to me. Either way, I'm so happy that you're here. 

Thank you, if you read all of this. Even if you didn't - I love you all so much, anyway. :')

- S xoxo

13TH MARCH, 2023