The Earth King

We eventually settle on an island in the middle of Lake Laogai and immediately after we land, Aang clutches onto Appa, giving his flying bison a long embrace. "I missed you more than you'll ever know, buddy."

Appa licks his owner in response and Aang laughs, continuing to shower his flying bison with praise and encouraging words. Sokka, Katara, Toph and I decide to give him some privacy with Appa and in the meantime, we discuss what to do next.

"Look, we escaped from the Dai Li. We got Appa back. I'm telling you, we should go to the Earth King now and tell him our plan. We're on a roll," Sokka advised.

Katara crosses her arms unconvincingly. "One good hour after weeks of trouble isn't much of a roll."

"We can build on it. If we want to invade the Fire Nation when the eclipse happens, we'll need the Earth King's support," Sokka reasoned.

"What makes you think we'll get it? I don't know if you've noticed, but things don't usually go that smoothly for our little gang," Toph countered.

"But I guess there's no harm trying to get his support, right?" I shrugged. 

"Yeah, like what Suzume said. Plus, I've got a good feeling about this. This time will be different," Sokka reassured.

"Sokka, Long Feng is in control of the city," Katara advised. "His conspiracy with the Dai Li is too powerful. I think we should just keep flying and leave this horrible place behind us." 

"I'm with Sweetness. I've seen enough of Ba Sing Se," Toph raises her arms and opens her eyes wide for emphasis. "And I can't even see!"

"Toph, I know you and you're not someone that backs down from a fight and honestly, who cares about Long Feng? We have to try at least to get the Earth King's support, the eclipse is probably the only chance we're going to get to defeat the Fire Lord," I look at Katara and Toph hopefully, seeking their support but with doubtful looks etched on their features, I knew where this was going.

"Zume, you're overly aggressive," Toph sighed. "You're not going to be able to persuade me that easily."

Aang leaps into our conversation. "But now that we have Appa back, nothing is stopping us from telling the Earth King the truth. About the conspiracy and the War."

"See? Aang and Suzume are with me," Sokka puts his arms around Aang and me. "It's the whole reason we came here in the first place. We have to try."

Katara pondered this for a moment, before nodding in agreement. "Well, I guess if the Earth King knew the truth, things could change."

The three of us smile and Toph finally relents. "I don't trust the new positive Sokka." Toph points an accusatory finger at Sokka. "Long Feng brainwashed you, didn't he!?"

"That's probably the Dai Li searching for us." We spot a few ships sailing in the lake and Sokka looks to Katara about what we should do. "So?"

"Let's fly!" Katara declared determinedly, and we all assume our normal position on Appa's back, the flying bison taking off once we were all on him. 

"Can we please buy a new saddle? Riding bareback is terrifying!" Toph shouted over the strong winds as Appa sailed through the skies, burying her face deep in Appa's back. I slam my fists together, encasing Appa in an air shield that protected us all from the turbulent winds that were present.

Toph sits back up, directing a blank look at me. "Why didn't you do that earlier?" 

"I forgot I could," I chuckled anxiously. "Plus, I wanted to see your reaction, which was golden by the way."

"Shut up," Toph punches my arm and I wince, glaring at her while keeping the air shield in place.

"There it is!" Sokka points at a massive palace below us. "That whole thing is the palace! The Earth King's chamber should be in the centre!"