The Runaway

Aang and I were practising our waterbending and earthbending simultaneously with Katara and Toph in the ideal landscape, standing on the ground just beside a waterfall with several cliffs located right beside it.

Both of us were blindfolded while Katara and Toph stood quite a distance from either of us, getting into their battle stances. With our backs faced against them, Aang and I ready ourselves as well, using the vibrations that rippled the ground to sense the position of Katara and Toph. I find that Katara was closest to me, standing on my left while Toph stood on the right. With that, I instinctively shift into my waterbending stance while I sensed Aang taking his earthbending stance. 'Aang, you take Toph. I'll take Katara.'

'Got you.'

"Okay, we're ready for some training," Aang announced, both of us turning back to face them. Upon hearing Toph's feet make contact with the ground, I sense the soil in the ground shifting beneath me, knowing where her earth pillars would rise.

While Aang weaved past them with ease, I use them as leverage, leaping on each of them, jumping to Katara and summoning a wave of water from the waterfall and directing it at her. She meets it with a wave of her own, both of them crashing together and countering each other equally strength-for-strength.

Meanwhile, I hear a boulder rise from the ground behind me, hearing it directed towards Toph's position. I hear Toph catching the boulder, already envisioning and imagining how her features would look.

"Good job, Twinkle Toes. Visualize, then attack," Toph launches the boulder at me and my airbender's intuition immediately kicks in, I instinctively leap over the boulder, hearing it knock into Katara as evidenced by her grunt. I cringe at this slightly, making my way over to her quickly.

"Are you okay, Katara?" I asked in concern. 

"I'm fine Suzume," Katara reassured calmly, getting back up by herself and her voice instantly hardened when she spoke to Toph, "Maybe you should take your own advice, Toph!"

"What's the matter? Can't handle a little dirt, Madam Fussy-Britches?" Toph mocked. 'Oh boy.'

I hear Katara summoning a wave of water, presumably directing it at Toph and judging by her next response, I assumed she managed to hit Toph with it. "Oh, sorry. Did I splash you, Mud-Slug?"

Aang and I stand aside as we hear and sense the two girls creating ramps of their own elements, the ramps colliding with each other. I sense them both falling back onto the ground, well, mud, to be precise. 

"Are we taking a break?" Aang asked in confusion.

"Should we intervene?" I questioned, shaking my head in disappointment as I hear them arguing and continuing their little skirmish in the mud. 

"That's up to you, Suzume," Aang answered.

"Sneak Attack!" Sokka suddenly shouts, running at us from behind but Aang deals with him with relative ease, earthbending an earthen wall which stops Sokka dead in his tracks. I sense him lowering it, Sokka dropping to the ground almost instantly. 

"Sokka, sneak attacks don't work if you yell it out loud," Aang advised, both of us taking off our blindfolds.

"He got me scared for a second there. Thank goodness you were able to stop him or he would've got me," I quipped sarcastically. 

"See, it almost worked on Suzume!" Sokka shouted excitedly.

"What? But Suzume, we sensed the same-" I clap my hand over Aang's mouth. 'Aang, it was just a joke. I'm trying to trick Sokka.'

'Ohhhh, sorry, Suzume.'

I drop my hand, letting him speak, "Oh yeah, you totally got her there! She would've been a goner without me!" Aang grinned rather suspiciously, though Sokka seemed to be oblivious to it. We then help Sokka up from the floor, making our way to the muddy area and greeted with the 'pleasant' sight of Katara and Toph wrestling each other in the mud. 'Looks like things haven't changed much since that argument Katara had with Toph.'