Warriors Of Kyoshi

Over the course of our journey and whenever we were on the ground, Aang taught me a few more airbending moves and techniques, which I managed to pick up quickly somehow and I was extremely grateful to Aang for. I continually practice each and every airbending technique he had taught me whenever I had the opportunity, which sometimes included when I was on Appa's saddle until I managed to execute them with surprising ease while he watched on.

"You're a natural Suzume," Aang praised. "It's almost as if you've done this before."

"Aww, you're too kind, Aang," I smiled. 

Presently, I elected to take a break from learning airbending while we were in the skies and flying over a vast ocean, without the faintest idea of where we were heading. Sokka stares at Aang blankly, "You have no idea where you're going, do you?"

"Well," Aang beams at Sokka happily. "I know it's near water." 'Brilliant, that's just like saying I know we're living.'

"I guess we're getting close then," Sokka folds his arms across his chest.

"Momo, marbles please," Momo dives into his robes, handing him two small grey marbles. "Hey Suzume, check out this airbending trick!"

I watch him as he encloses the two marbles in his hands, opening them again and spinning them in his hands rapidly. He grins broadly at me like an eager child performing a magic trick, and I return it rather awkwardly, giving him a thumbs-up in the process.  

"Now you try," Aang stops the marbles from spinning, placing the marbles in my hands. 

"Hmmm," I take the marbles from his hand, imitating his actions. I open my hands, summoning a gust of air and allowing the wind to swirl the marbles around rapidly. 

"I'm doing it!" I exclaimed excitedly. The marbles, however, begin spinning too rapidly, falling out of my hands and into the ocean beneath me. 

"Shoot! Sorry, Aang," I stare at him apologetically. 

"It's okay, Suzume," Aang reassured. "You'll get used to it. All you need to do now is just control the speed of the air. Watch closely, Suzume." 

Aang takes out another two marbles, slowly summoning a gust of air and making them spin in his hands. He begins to summon more air by twirling his hands around more, making the marbles swirl faster in his hand. 

"Now try again," Aang hands the marbles back to me and I inhale deeply, beginning to summon a small gust of wind into my hands and watching the marbles swirl slowly in my hands. I then began to increase the strength of the air I summoned, making the marbles swirl rapidly in my hands. This time, however, I maintained maximum concentration on the air I summoned, making sure to keep a strong grip on it. I slowly decrease the speed of the air when the marbles were moving too quickly and Aang applauds, "You did it, Suzume!"

"Nice job," Katara nodded in agreement. 

"Thanks," I let the marbles drop back into my hand, handing them back to Aang. "I couldn't have done it without you, Aang."

Sokka folds his arms across his chest in annoyance, looking at Aang in irritation, "Right, now that you're done teaching Suzume your little 'fancy' airbending trick, can you tell us where you're actually going?" 

"You'll see." Aang yanks Appa's reins to the left and Appa goes in that direction, picking up speed. An island dominated by mountains suddenly crops up into our view and Appa lands on it, landing in front of the body of water. 

We dismount from Appa and Sokka stares at Aang questioningly, "We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?"