Sozin's Comet Part 3: Into The Inferno

Sozin's Comet streaked the sky and both of us knew that Ozai would be coming any minute now. Relying purely on instinct and trusting our guts, both Aang and I awaited Ozai in a field of tall stone pillars, both of us standing together on one, hoping this was where he would begin his attacks. 

I breathe deeply, slowly soothing and calming myself, readying myself for the challenge ahead. Sensing my anxiety, Aang grabs my hand, squeezing it in his. "It's okay, Suzume. I'm nervous too, but just remember, we'll both face Ozai and work together to defeat him."

I nodded and I quickly release his hand as soon as I see a fleet of Fire Nation airships dotting the air just beyond the horizon, darting towards Earth Nation land. Leading the charge, was presumably the Fire Lord himself. We make out his figure standing on an airship that was in front of the rest and was noticeably larger than the rest. His airship takes the lead, speeding towards Aang and me. 

We roughly make out Ozai on the edge of the ship, facing his palms down at the ground. 'Oh no.'

A massive stream of fire shoots out from his palms, setting the ground beneath him alight. 

Both Aang and I exchange nods, already knowing what each of us would do and what had to be done. Earthbending rocks from the stone pillar beneath us, Aang directs rocks at the ship, slowing its movements and temporarily unbalancing Ozai, causing him to stop firing momentarily. I close my eyes, drawing light from the comet and aiming my palms at the airship. Two bright, luminous beams of light stream out from them and I combine them into a large singular beam, adding the intense heat from the comet into the light. The light beam pierces through the metallic body of the ship easily like a knife through butter, cutting through the engine and its propellor, destroying the airship and causing it to descend to the ground.

Aang and I stare at the airship as it descended past us, Ozai locking eyes with both of us for the first time. We trade off withering glares before Ozai burns his fancy little outfit, leaving his chest bare. He jumps off the Fire Nation airship, speeding towards us with firebending that made him fly like a rocket through the air. 

He lands on the pillar in front of us, staring both of us down. "After generations of Fire Lords failed to find you, now the universe delivers you to me as an act of providence." 

Ozai glanced at Aang before turning to me. "And the universe has been even kinder to me by adding another Avatar to the world, another act of providence that I truly appreciate, as if one of you weren't enough. Just because you're a girl, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you."

"Oh believe me Ozai, you'll want to take your words back after I'm through with you," I growled.

Ozai only cackles at this. "What can you do to me, foolish girl? Bore me to death by reading your fairy tale stories to me? You're not even the rightful Avatar."

"Suzume's just at much of an Avatar as I am!" Aang yelled. "Don't you dare insult her, she earnt her place."

"Besides, you're not the rightful Fire Lord either, so who are you to say that?" I taunted. "Iroh was probably supposed to be the Fire Lord until you showed up."

Ozai roars in anger and Aang offers him one final chance at peace. "Please listen to us. We don't have to fight. You have the power to end it here and stop what you're doing."

"But if it's a fight you want." I get into my fighting stance. "Then it's a fight you'll get!"

"Well then, I'm going to have to take you up on that offer!" Ozai shouted, shooting fire from his mouth and hands. Aang gets into his battle stance in anticipation, both of us awaiting his next move. 

Ozai jumps up high, spinning in the air and slamming his fist downward, creating a circular wave of flames that spread directly toward us. We jump over the flames with airbending and Aang slams his hands and feet into the stone pillar right below him, earthbending a piece of the stone pillar beneath him into the air. Aang rotates it around and kicks the chunk of rock toward Ozai, who leaps away using his firebending. I draw light from the comet once again, adding heat from the comet into it and sending it at Ozai in the form of a slash. Ozai evades it narrowly, propelling himself at us using a jet of fire from his feet. Both of us jump at him, Aang sending a wave of fire at him with his feet in midair and I muster all my energy and rage, shooting out a powerful blast of fire from my mouth and hands. Ozai counters this with a blast of fire of his own from his foot, our attacks colliding in an explosion.