Chapter 19: Still Not Ready

I felt his large hands on my waist as I swayed my hips back and forth. His body was pressed up against mine and I threw one hand above my head, grinding down against his hips. He moved in time with me, rolling with the beat of the loud, pulsing music.

I felt his hot breath on my cheek as I continued to dance against him, loving the way his body moved in time with mine. I tugged at the tie in my hair, freeing it from its bun and letting it fall in waves around my shoulders. I swiveled my hips and moved down again, dragging my hands down his torso and to his hips.

A circle was staring to form around us and the drunken club goers were cheering us on, jeering and raising their beers in our direction. I spun to face him, grinding provocatively on him. He returned the favor before grasping my hips and smashing his mouth against mine. His kiss was rough and sloppy, our teeth banging awkwardly as he shoved his tongue stiffly into my mouth. His fingers scrapped the back of my neck as he tried to yank me closer, his other hand on my butt. It felt like he was trying to eat my face as his chapped lips bit at mine.

“Harry,” I laughed and pushed him away as he gave me a small smile. “You need chap stick or something.”

He responded by kissing me again, his hands sliding up the back of my shirt. I leaned into his touch as he softened the pressure on my lips and went back to kissing me the way I liked it. He stopped trying to force it and I melted into him as one of his hands slipped out of my tank top and snaked around my waist.

The band had stopped playing an hour ago and a DJ had taken over. Harry and I had been getting down on the dance floor ever since as Liam and Riley watched us from a table in the corner of the room. Marcus and Brad had both grabbed their own girls and had been busy for a while.

The night had been a lot more fun than I had expected it to be. Liam and I had jumped around for a while, screaming song lyrics at each other and laughing at the other people in the club. Then we had chilled at a table in the corner and rolled our eyes at the drunken fools people were making of themselves. The band had played great and people obviously enjoyed them, which made me happy because I could see how pleased Harry was.

Harry was gently nibbling on my bottom lip, sending a tingle of pleasure up my spine. I wrapped my arms around my neck and let his lips take me away. His kisses were like a drug, each one left me begging for more. Every touch of his made me more aware of my body than I ever had been before.

“Come on love,” Harry removed his lips from mine and began pulling me out of the club. We pushed through drunken dancers, trying to find our way through the dark room. Lights flashed and I saw snippets of body parts flying as everyone in the club got down and dirty.

We slipped outside, earning ourselves a look from the bouncer. “Harry where are we going?” I tried to keep up with his fast pace, but my feet were killing me. I stumbled across the parking lot in my heels, trying to ignore the pain and focus instead on Harry’s hand in mine.

I saw that he was heading towards the van and I felt a little tug of panic in my chest. I knew what he wanted, but I still wasn’t ready.

Harry pushed the door open and threw me down on the back seat, sliding the door shut before climbing on top of me and kissing me in a way he had never kissed me before. I could taste the sting of his lust on his lips as he pushed his hips deeper against mine.

I wrapped my legs around his waist as he moaned into my kiss and clamored to get my shirt off. I let him rip it off and I did the same to him, running my hands over the muscles of his chest and stomach. His lips moved to my stomach and he began to suck and lick my skin as his hand slipped up my skirt.

“No Harry,” I pulled away, sitting up and crossing my legs. “Not yet.”

“Shit Brittany, you can’t just lead me on the way you are and then not want to do anything. Don’t you realize what you do to me?” his voice was low and his green eyes were dark with passion. “I want you so bad.”

“I know Harry, I’m sorry.” I looked down at my lap, watching my hands nervously twist together so I didn’t have to look at Harry’s face. “But not yet okay? Please?”

He sighed and ran a shaking hand through his curls. “I know I’m pressuring you and I’m sorry but you just drive me crazy.”

“I’m sorry,” I leaned forward and kissed him gently, trying to calm him down. He kissed me back, then pulled away quickly.

“Sorry, I need a minute.” He stumbled out of the van and I watched though the window as he buried his head in his hands and slid into a sitting position next to the back tire. I put my shirt back on, clicked my seat belt into place, closed my eyes, and rested my head against the window.

The others showed up about an hour later. Neither Harry nor I had moved in all that time.

Being with Harry was a lot more complicated than I had thought it would be.