**SEQUEL** Part 9

*Harry’s POV*

I ran a towel over my damp curls as I stepped out of the shower, a slight smile forming on my face at the thought of everything that had happened yesterday. Brittany had forgiven me. Life was good again.

I dropped the towel to the floor and walked over to the mirror, using my bare arm to brush the steam off the reflective surface. I stared at myself, my torso distorted by the streaks on the mirror. I leaned in closer, holding up my wrists.

The healing cuts that crossed over my skin were a sharp reminder of what life was like without Brittany. But now she was back. There was no more need for that. I was truly happy for the first time in a year.

I reached under the sink and pulled out the razor I had used to mark up my wrists. I tossed it in the trash and felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. There would be no more pain to be released through the crimson stain of blood on my skin. I was free.

“Oye, Harry! Hurry up!” I heard Louis pounding on the door to the bathroom and I grinned. Not only did I have Brittany back, but I also had four new friends. I threw open the door and laughed at Louis face when he saw me standing there. “You’re naked,” he stated.

I threw myself down on the bed, folding my arms behind my head to cover the scars. The boys didn’t know about my cutting and I hoped to keep it that way. Louis just shook his head and disappeared into the bathroom. I wondered where Niall, Zayn, and Liam were. It was only nine in the morning.

I rolled over and grabbed my phone from my dresser, sending Brittany a quick good morning text. I waited a few minutes for a response then figured she was still asleep when I got nothing back. We all had a late night last night.

‘where are you guys?’ I quickly texted Niall, flipping on the television to amuse myself.

‘exploring’ was his delayed response.

‘with Liam and Zayn?’

‘yeah’

‘I’m going over to Britt’s,’ it was a spur of the moment decision, but I wanted to see her again. I jumped up and began pulling on clothes. I knew Riley would be in school, so I didn’t have to worry about him.

‘no don’t do that’

I looked at Niall’s text in confusion. Who was he to tell me what to do? ‘why?’

‘she’s with us’

‘I’ll just meet up with you guys then’

‘I don’t think that’s such a good idea’

What the hell was going on? ‘why not?’

His response was only two words, but it held such a greater meaning.

‘we know’