3- chain reaction

There was a tense silence that hung heavy in the air, a pause fraught with uncertainty.

Was it a silence full of promise or one hiding something darker? It was hard to say.

But one thing was for sure: panic washed over you like a crashing wave, making the silence feel suffocating. It gave you too much time to dwell on the situation unfolding around you.

What was happening? Was Felix lying? What was Hyunjin involved in? Who was inside the house?

"What is going on?", Felix's voice cut through the quiet, dense, signalizing you that he didn't want you to eavesdrop the conversation.

"I was hoping for a simple 'hello,' but I guess that's too much to ask," a man's voice replied, dripping with sarcasm.

"It's 4 am, Seungmin. Just fucking spit it out already," Felix snapped, his frustration clear.

"Relax, Felix. We just want to chat. But I would rather sit down if you don't mind" Seungmin replied.

You heard Felix sigh before footsteps got closer.

"What a gentleman," Seungmin muttered, sarcasm thick in his voice.

Your heart raced as the footsteps moved away from the living room and towards the kitchen. Towards you.

"Where are you going?" Felix's voice sounded tense.

"Just grabbing a drink, Felix. No need to worry. I highly doubt you're hiding anyone in your kitchen," the man said, sounding casual.

Panic surged within you. Whoever that man was, Felix didn't seem happy about his visit, and on top of that, the intruder sounded like full-blown asshole.

"Seriously, dude? We just ate at McDonald's. Are you really thirsty again?" another voice chimed in.

Another one? How many of them were there?

"I know, Changbin. I just wanted to tease Felix a bit," the first man chuckled.

"Sit down," Felix commanded, his voice firm.

You were left in silence again.

Who were they? Seungmin and Changbin?

What was so important that they showed here at 4am?!

Your mind raced with questions, each one scarier than the last. It was overwhelming, and your heart pounded in your chest.

The next words you heard, however, made your blood run cold.

"So?", Felix asked. His voice sounding more clear this time.

"Have you heard something about Hyunjin?", asshole-Seungmin asked, his voice painted with slight concern.

They knew Hyunjin? How were they connected to him? And to Felix?

"I'm not sure. Talked to him yesterday. He said he had everything under control" Felix replied uncertainly.

"That doesn't seem to be the case. Look, the target is here, but his tracker isn't activated," Seungmin said, sounding serious.

"But is he still in Busan?" Changbin asked, sounding worried.

Busan? Why would Hyunjin be there?

"At least he was yesterday. Do you think something went wrong?" Felix's voice turning slightly concerned.

"He's one of our best, but... things are changing," Seungmin replied.

A heavy silence filled the room, broken only by the sound of breathing.

"I'll give him until 6 am. If he doesn't make contact by then, I'll send Minho to find him," Seungmin declared, sounding determined.

Make contact? Send Minho? 

The pieces of the puzzle started to come together, forming a scary picture. A picture you were not anticipated to acknowledge at all.

"He'll be in trouble. Minho will beat his ass," Felix muttered.

The men got up from their seats, their footsteps heading towards the front door.

Seungmin sighed heavily. "I know, but... he knows how it works. That's gang life"