4- twisted reality

You were stunned. The shock sent a surge of adrenaline coursing through your veins, causing a nervous giggle to bubble up from within you.

This whole thing has to be a setup, you thought, barely able to contain your laughter as the door clicked shut.

No more than ten seconds later, Felix stood before you, his face a tumult of guilt and discomfort. However, confusion clouded his expression when he saw you laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" he asked, puzzled.

"Why am I laughing?" you replied, struggling to catch your breath. You took a moment to inhale deeply, trying to clear your head.

But in that moment, clarity felt elusive. Good or bad, you weren't quite sure.

"Because maybe those weird guys who randomly showed up at 4 a.m. just called my boyfriend a gang member?" you began calmly but ended up raising your voice, frustration boiling over.

Your laughter died down, replaced by a seething anger. Confusion and shock simmered beneath the surface, too tumultuous to ignore. They lied to you for years. 

"You better tell me this is a joke, Felix," you said, your tone dangerously low.

"I wish I could," he muttered, his guilt palpable.

"For God's sake, it feels like I'm trapped in some twisted movie or a terrible reality show where a clown jumps out and yells 'gotcha!'. But no, my boyfriend is apparently a gang member. How delightful," you exclaimed bitterly, eyeing Felix, who avoided your gaze. 

You got closer to him, pointing your finger.

"And you? You've been feeding me lies all these years? While I was losing sleep over him, worrying sick every night, you were just spinning tales and telling me not to worry. All the while, he was probably out there hurting people," you accused, your voice trembling with emotion. 

"Don't you think I felt bad myself for doing that?! I was trying to protect and comfort you! What else should I have done? Telling you that we're part of a gang? Of course, Y/n, why not", Felix said and looked you straight into the eyes, wich reflected a mix of guilt, anger, and sadness.

He got a point. You really had to admit that. It was no question that he was right with what he said. He couldn't just tell you they were part of a gang. But still, his words only fueled your exhaustion and frustration, amplifying the whirlwind of emotions swirling within you.

"And what about us? I confided in you, trusted you as my best friend. I poured out my worries and secrets to you. I thought I knew everything about you, about Hyunjin. But now you're telling me that you, my best friend, and my boyfriend are murderers? This feels like a cheesy mafia movie. I can't do this anymore, Felix. I've been living a lie for years. Who even are you? Who is Hyunjin?" you spat at him, the tears welling up in your eyes making it hard to see.

"Y/n stop talking shit. We are no killers and we both know that you're not a mission and that Hyunjin loves you and-"

You turned away from him. You couldn't face him anymore anymore. You couldn't listen to him anymore. You just wanted to run away. To escape from what seemed to be the answers you longed for for so long.

And this is exactly what you tried to do, but Felix tried to stop you.

"Y/n you can't just go now", he said and wanted to grab your wrist, but you pulled your arm away.

"Don't fucking touch me ever again"

He was right, you couldn't just go. In this state, with this emotions you would probably crash your car after a few meters. But that did not seem to be a matter for you now. 

And right because of this reason, you just went to the door, ready to drive away, while a helpless Felix was following you.

But when you opened the door, things turned 360 degrees.

"That was like a drama straight out of a Hollywood blockbuster. 'I don't even know who you are', 'my whole life is a lie', 'am I just a mission?!', damn, that was entertaining and I would love a pat two.... Unfortunately Felix forgot to close his windows and your little outburst could be heard the streets down. Tough break"

It was Seungmin who said that.

He just leaned in the doorframe with his arms crossed and looked at you with an amusing smirk.

"Seungmin I'm warning you, don't-",  Felix began, but your vision swam, and the world spun as if on its axis. Dizziness overwhelmed you, and before you knew it, darkness enveloped you, swallowing you whole.