PROLOGUE

The palace gate opened revealing a young beautiful girl. She smiled taking in the beautiful nature around her. Her ocean blue eyes scanned the castle ground while her golden hair and olive skin shone under the bright sunlight in the morning sky.

She stretched as beautiful colorful butterflies and birds flew around her.

Noticing something, she looked behind her and spotted two boys running towards the other side of the castle. Something about them stuck out like a sore thumb, everything in the kingdom of light is full color and as the name implies light but these two has darkness literally oozing out of them.

She narrowed her eyes before walking over there, she met the two boys chuckling darkly as they aimed at the castle wall each of them holding a balloon filled with liquid.

"Halt!" She yelled making them freeze. "What are you two hooligans doing?" The boys turned around slowly towards her.

One of them had green eyes, brown curly short hair and tanned skin, while the other looked more younger, he had red eyes, raven black hair, natural tanned skin, soft features and a smirk on his face. He had a black T-shirt on and a black slightly washed jeans while his companion had a ash T-shirt on and blue jeans.

"What's a pretty thing like you doing here?" The brunette asked crossing his arms with a smile.

"Excuse you?" The girl asked tighten her already clenched fist.

"We don't have time for this", other said while bouncing a balloon in his hand. He threw it at the castle wall but it never touched it.

They both looked at the girl in shock and noticed her outstretched hand was facing the Ballon which stopped midair.

She was using magic.

What surprise them more was the color of her iris which was now brighter.

The boy with black hair narrowed his eyes at her and she smirked back at him, soon, they both changed expressions, he smirked and she scowled.

He brought his hand up and snapped his fingers, the balloon immediately caught fire.

"Oh no" she quickly ducked as the balloon exploded sending color everywhere.

"Who's there?!" A guard yelled.

"So princess, you either catch us or you'll get caught" The black hair boy smirked and they both ran away leaving her speechless.

"Hey!" A guard yelled coming closer.

"They're over there! Get them!" Another voice boomed out soon heavy footsteps where heard.

"Er... Argh! Wait up!" She yelled running after them.

"Catch us if you can slow poke!" The brunette said laughing.

"Hey!" A guard yelled once he spotted them.

"No, no, no! This is all your fault, I'm so in trouble now!" She yelled.

"Don't worry sugar plum, we got this" the boy in black said while they ran.

"Just stick with us and you'll be just fine."

They ran into town, bumped into many angels and ran into the tiniest pixies but nothing could stop them.

The boys laughed while the girl yelled a 'sorry' to anyone they ran into.

They ran into a nearby forest, jumped over fallen trees and mud puddles.

She caught up with them and couldn't help laughing as well.

The three laughed as they ran with some guards hot on their tails.

The boys both looked at each other with mischievous looks plastered on both their faces.

"Ready brother?" He asked and the brunette nodded. "Ready?... Now!" He yelled, they twirled their hands in circles and soon enough a portal appeared five feet away from them. They dragged her and jumped into it while laughing loudly.

"No! No! No! No!" She screamed as they fell in. Soon, they landed in the other side of the castle, lying on the green colorful grass as the portal closed above them. "Did we... did we just...?" she asked looking up at the sky.

"Do that? Yeah, you seem... surprised plum cake." The boy in black said while sitting up.

"I just don't... do this... I mean I've never done that before"

"Really? So, did you like it?" The brunette asked sitting up as well.

"I... I... I feel so alive!" She grinned.

"Stick with us princess and you'll never want to leave" The brunette said.

If only they knew.

"What are your names?" She asked sitting up looking at the two who were sitting on both sides. The boy in black narrowed his eyes at her. "What? I need to know your names if we're going to be... friends" she smiled at that word.

She doesn't have one of those.

"How do we know that you're not going to tell on us?" He asked.

"Come on, even if I tried to tell, they wouldn't believe me." She said with a sigh.

He sighed before saying, "I'm Travis and this is my brother Hunter" He looked at her sweetly, "And you are?"

"Na...Natalie" she smiled back.

"Okay okay, now that the intro is over... who wants to have some fuuuunnnn?!" Hunter yelled once he got up making Travis chuckle and Natalie giggle.

And that was the beginning of a forbidden friendship, one that leaded to pain, sadness and betrayal.

Or so they thought.

*************

Hi guys hope you enjoyed this please vote and comment and please no bad comment.

Thanks for giving my story a chance. See in the next chapter.