CHAPTER NINE Elemental

Jayson's pov

I stood in the... possibly dark room waiting.

Due to my sight being taken away, my other senses heightened to the point where I could practically navigate without my eyes.

Soon, I heard the sound of a touch being litted up, followed by a rush of water, then the howling of wind, the clashing of rocks and finally the sparks of magic.

Suddenly, an invisible force pushed me forward.

I cautiously followed it's lead until it stopped and I stood there quietly, waiting, listening.

I could hear the crackling and could feel the heat radiating from the the fire at my left, I could feel the wind picking up at my right, the sound of running water become more audible, the cool feeling of nature calmed me down and the rumbling of rocks echoed around me while the feeling of magic made me anxious.

They were all calling for me.

All I had to do was to reach out.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't. I don't know what to do, what one to pick. They were all calling my name.

'What am I supposed to do?'

"You really want me to believe you're... who you say you are?" A guy's voice rang in my head and an intense brain shattering headache swept through my head causing me to wince internally.

"Jump in..."

"You seem lost" two voices said in perfect... pretty creepy... unison right behind me snapping me back to reality and I spun around in shock.

"Who is there?" I asked standing in a fight stance.

"We are the Guardians of all Elements" a voice giggled from behind me.

That's right giggled.

"We make sure every supernaturals gets their assigned Elements" another voice echoed around me making it difficult to find the source and this blindfold ain't helping.

"But you, you're... different aren't you? I've never seen anything like you before." A hand caressed my cheek softly.

"Is it because I'm a Phoenix?" I asked indifferently.

"Hmm" was all the voices had said.

"I just came here to figure out my element, I don't want trouble."

"Neither do we" the voices said in yet another perfect unison.

"So, you're the Guardians right?"

"Uh-huh" they both said.

"And you can help me?" I confirmed turning around, trying to find the source of the voices.

"Well, it depends on what you need help with." One of the voices said while the other giggled again.

"I'm finding it difficult to know what my element might be, they all seem to be calling for me. What do I do?" I questioned.

"Is that all you really want to know?" The voices asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You seem disturbed... but, it's not in our place to say anything" I could practically hear them shrug their shoulders. "And the answer to that question is pretty clear, why don't you let them deside?" The voices suggested.

"How?"

Soon I felt the presence of two little kids, a little girl and a boy, just in front of me.

That's right little kids.