CHAPTER SIX The Guardians

Jayson's pov 

We've been walking for hours now and we still haven't gotten anywhere.

I and Ivan are walking lazily behind while Mom and Arius are at the front laughing carelessly like we ain't in the middle of a fridging FOREST!

"How much farther? My legs are killing me!" Ivan yelled.

"Not much sweetie, we're almost there, right Arius?" Mom asked.

"Yes" Arius said glancing back at us.

"Good thing we didn't take lots of stuffs, I'm so tired" Ivan said.

"You're so tired?" I asked in disbelief, "You aren't even holding anything." I said gesturing to my backpack, Ivan's luggage and mom's sack which I held, then back at her empty hands.

"What? It's not my fault you have super strength" Ivan said in a sing song making me roll my eyes.

"Where are we going to anyway?" I asked grudgingly.

I'm not tired just lazy.

"My village" Arius said carelessly.

"Your village?" I questioned before looking at mom "What do you mean your village? I thought I was going to the Dimond institution."

"Yes, but we have to drop your mom and sister in a safe place, and besides you can't go to the Dimond institution on foot, air or any means really" Arius said.

"What?" I asked.

"Every year the Guardians of the institution opens a gateway from there to here, they pick some select few gifted teenagers form everywhere in the world and take them there" Arius explained. "Only they could open up the portal that connects this world to the institution.

"So, are you trying to say, this said school is another world?"

"Yes! So, now how do I put this?" He paused "Okay," he turned around now working backwards.

'Show off' I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Imagine there are three scales, two little ones and a giant one. Now, the two little ones both holds... gold, and the giant one is holding the smaller ones on both sides.

The Diamond institution one of the little weighing sales and the Kingdom of light and the Kingdom of darkness are the gold on each sides, the institution helps keeps both the two worlds, in balance." He explained.

"The second scale holds both humanity and supernaturals and the scale holding them is earth, it also helps keep the two in balance." Mom continued.

"Now, the biggest one is the what we call 'the core', that's were all our magic comes from, it's job is to keep everything in order. Without it, the world as we know it would seize to exist."

"So, our world and the Kingdom of light and the Kingdom of darkness are both two different worlds?" Ivan asked and he nodded.

"The Angels rules the Kingdom of light, while Demons rules the Kingdom of darkness also known as..."

"Hell" I said absent-mindedly and he nodded.

"Hell? As in... Hades?" She whispered somewhat worried.

She hated the word.

"You-know-who tried to destroy the balance..."

"The balance?" I asked.

"The balance law" he said.

"What's that?" Ivan asked.

"The Balance's law were... and still are, concise and to the point. No one messes with the Balance, or it's victim will parish in the flame of hell until their nostrils fill with the sickening scent of your flesh peeling back from its bone." Arius said turning around.