CHAPTER EIGHT A new world

Jayson's pov

I waited for the impact that never come.

I piped through my arms and noticed we were closing in.

But instead of smashing right into the mountain, we climbed it.

We kept on going higher and higher and higher, went through the fluffy clouds and still didn't stop.

"Where are we going?" A girl in my group named Octavia asked.

"To the unknown, darling." Max smirked.

"Yeah, that's my sister" Oliver scowled.

We finally got to the top and kept on running.

"Now what?" I questioned.

"We jump" Max smiled that was when I noticed the huge cliff.

"WAIT!!" We yelled as Tough jumped and instead of falling we went through the sky and I felt something suppressing me, like I had the whole world resting on my shoulders and then something surged through my veins.

"Holy..." l said in awe looking around while others whoa-ed.

He ran down the mountain, but this side of mountain was a lot different from the one we were just on. This one was red.

We were entirely in a different environment...

'Environment? Hell, we are in a different everything! Have you seen the sky?' Parker said.

He's actually right, the sky had two moons! There were Griffins, trolls, supernaturals and many other mythical creatures I didn't even know existed. They were everywhere walking, running, flying and swimming.

We finally got to the ground and kept on running.

"How did...?" I started somewhat loudly due to the loud whistling wind.

"A portal" Max answered my unspoken question in the same volume as mine. "That's the only way to our world, through rare portals that lay in unhabitual, dangerous lands such as that one, with the intention of staying hidden."

"But why do we live in different worlds?" Olivia asked curiously.

It was obvious, but I said nothing.

"Humans are scared of us, to them we're a threat."

"Why?" Oliver asked.

"I don't know" he shrugged.

"Hmm" I nodded slowly even though he couldn't see me.

"Humans are threats to us as well, so because of this, the institution had to place protective barriers around it perimeter to stop them from from entering or stumbling in so they wouldn't find out that supernaturals like werewolves and vampires roams the earth, because that would cause all kinds of problems and most certainly result in war.

But even then only a select few humans knows about us. We live in two completely different worlds, ours filled with magic and old traditions and religions, and theirs filled with technologies. That portal and others..." he gestured around us, and I noticed the appearance of other portals in the pink sky and more Amazing Mythicals creatures flew out. "...Are the great Barrier separating our world from the human's, a world they like to call earth. Only a handful of humans has ever crossed it, and those who did now lives in our world, coexisting with us."