CHAPTER SEVEN Mythical creatures

Jayson's pov

"JAY!!! HELP!!!" An unmistakably familiar voice called out for me.

But the thing is, I couldn't pinpoint who it was.

I tried reaching out to it once more, I was so close but yet so far...

"Jayson!" Ivan screamed.

I jolted up in fear with my heart racing.

"Really?" Ivan said in a bored tone.

That was when I realized my fist was clenched and covered in a large icicle-shaped flame which I aimed subconsciously at Ivan.

"Sorry" I said unclenching my fist, I caressed my temples gently trying to convince my eyes to stay open.

"The Guardians are here!" Ivan squealed.

"What?! Oh Crap!" I jolted up from the bed to get ready.

After I was done, I picked up my backpack and followed Ivan's lead. We walked out of the small yet cozy hut and were  welcomed by a huge crowd of night faeries walking in the same direction.

"You're awake" we heard Arius' voice from a distance, we turned around and spotted him and mom walking towards us. "I was just about to send for you" he smirked as his wings flared up slightly... as always.

'I wonder what he's trying to show off' I mentally rolled my eyes.

I looked at mom and she sent me a reassuring smile.

"Come on" Arius gestured.

We walked to the already formed crowd of teens, each one were with luggage of their own.

"We'll be at the parents section if you need us." Mom said and I nodded swallowing hard. "You'll be fine, I promise" she said before giving me a tight hug.

Once mom let go, Ivan practically jumped on me, "I'm gonna miss you lil bro."

"Are you crying?" I chuckled.

"N...no" she said wiping her tears away.

"I'll miss you too, take care of yourself and mom okay?" I smiled hugging her back, she nodded before letting go.

Scowling at Arius, I said, "I still don't trust you though." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"No hard feelings?" He smirked.

"No hard feelings." I confirmed. "Take care of them okay?" He nodded, "and for your info, I would have kicked your butt if it wasn't for mom."

"You don't stand a chance."

"You want a rematch once I'm back?"

"Boys, not this again." Ivan said rolling her green eyes.

"It's a deal."

"Good luck" Ivan said as I started walking away.

I stopped for a moment before running back into their arms.

'You can stay if you want, you know?'

'I know, but I have to go, I have to do this... for them'

I let go of them and walked to the crowd with my backpack.

At the front was a stage - I think - where four figures stood.

The first was dressed in a red cloak, the second was in a blue cloak, the third brown and the forth was in white, and all had their faces covered.

"Greetings, my name is Max, these are Aquarius, Matt and Dallas." The figure in red said grabbing everyone's attention. "We know you all are excited to take this great step, but first we have to know what your special gifts are..."