Part39

Izuku took a deep breath in, following his meditation exercises in his new teacher's dorm room. It truly wasn't that different from his one at home, all he had to do was scatter various projects and notebooks around every single room in the apartment-like space and they were identical.

Breathe in deeply... Breathe out deeply... Inhale... Exhale... Clear your mind of any murder, conspiracy, or incredibly detailed plans for the future based on extremely specific scenarios that will likely never happen... Inhale... Exhale... And.... Done!

He yawned as he got to his feet, stretching his arms out behind him. It was pitch black outside, and the only sound to be heard was the constant chirping of the crickets. He would be the first to admit he had a convoluted sleeping schedule, but it was nowhere near as bad as Aizawa's and Shinso's appeared to be. Their eyebags looked like they had eyebags.

He had just finished reviewing the footage from the class's mock fights, and he ws both impressed and disappointed. Both teams seemed to have a solid plan in place to begin with, but while the first team just had a few miscalculations, the second team had pretty much sabotaged themselves.

He remembered Bakugo behaving slightly like this at the final exams when he was forced to work with Shinso, but things had certainly escalated further this time. He had been downright antagonistic towards his teammates right from the start, even more so than he had been at the beginning of the year. The time he spent with the League of Villains obviously left a mark on his psyche, one that should be treated by some kind of counselor, like Hound Dog.

But his student also wouldn't accept the help, and they couldn't force him to go if he didn't want to. They would just have to do their best to stop him from deteriorating and letting him know that support was there for him when he was ready for it. Hopefully, his friends would be able to help him where they could not.

Tomorrow they would be reviewing the footage as a class, so he could only hope that wouldn't trigger another outburst from the angry blonde. Izuku doubted he would want other people to bear witness to one of his losses, but it was necessary for them to learn from their failures, and seeing where they all went wrong was a huge part of that. As much as they might hate it now, they would grow from it in the long run.

A loud ringing pulled him out of his thoughts and directed him towards where his phone was abandoned on the table. The caller ID was listed as a government one, and a shiver of trepidation crawled its way up his spine. He quickly swiped to the right to answer the call.

'Is this Izuku Midoriya?'

"Yes, this is he. May I ask who is calling?"

'I'm the warden of Tartarus Prison. We had a... request of sorts from All For One in exchange for some information regarding his operation. We aren't expecting much to come out of it, but we all agree that it's worth a shot.'

All For One...

"I see. What is his request and what does it have to do with me?"

'His request was that he was afforded one visit with you. It will be monitored and he will be heavily chained, so there is no chance of him escaping. We need for you to just talk with him, for no particular length of time but preferably long enough for him to follow through on his end of the deal. You are under no obligation to follow through with this request, though we strongly recommend it.'

Izuku's throat felt tight. "Understood. And I'll do it." He didn't pause long to worry over the possible ramifications for that choice. "When do you need me?"

'Anytime within the next week would be fine. There's no rush for you to follow through, but the police would like this information sooner rather than later.'