4 | L U C K

One

One.

Two.

One. Two.

On repeat.

Like clockwork, at five in the morning, Clint Barton was doing his normal early training session. It took a while for him and his Boyfriend Phill Coulson to get into a new routine now that they both live together at the Avengers tower.

Clint and the rest of his team had just returned from an intense mission that was only meant to take a few days and then ended up lasting two weeks to complete. Fury had decided to give them a few days off to rest making them all sigh in relief.

Most were happy that they were able to catch up with their sleep, but Clint was more focused on the idea that he would be able to have some free time alone with Phill for a change. Feeling arms come around his waist he leans his head on the punching bag, taking deep breaths in and out.

"Hi," Phill states

"Hey," Clint replies turning round to face his boyfriend.

"I heard how difficult this mission was." Phill explains "Which is why I decided to take a few days off."

Clint grins "More like Furry ordered you to actually stop working for once?" making Phill chuckle at how accurate he was.

"Melinda is in charge for the time being, so let's just hope I have a team to go back to next week," Phill explains.

"Let me guess, Skye tried to come with you, while Fitzsimmons went back to their lab to work?" Clint raises an eyebrow.

Phill rolls his eyes with a small smile "They are obsessed."

"Breakfast?" Clint says as they both walk out of the gym, towards the elevator.

"Sure."

Once the couple arrived at the commons room, they looked at Bucky and Steve who were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Waking in the kitchen, which was surprisingly empty, Phill starts cooking some scrambled eggs from them both.

"Coffee?" Clint points to the new pot of coffee on the kitchen counter, to which Phill nods his head in response.

"Anything planned for today?" Phill questions as he places the scramble egg on two plates. Siting down on the stool.

Clint opens his mouth to reply when Phill gets a notification from his personal phone. Furrowing his eyebrows, Phill pulls his phone out of his pocket and reads the message making his face turn to confused.

"Is everything all right Phill " Clint questions as he saw his partner's expression.

"I'm not sure." Phill replies reading the notification again "I just- got an alert from my old apartment."

Clint frowns "Why would you get an alert? Maybe your nephew decided to use it, you said he was allowed."

They always talked about how much Phill missed being around Stiles and wished he was able to be in his life more. But with both their work and how dangerous their missions could become. They didn't want him to be a target for their enemies.

Phill shakes his head "I don't know. I mean Noah would have told me if he was staying in New York."

His relationship with Stiles' father didn't exist if Phil honest, even if they were brothers, when they were younger, Noah hated Phill for absolutely no reason and tried maybe times to get him in trouble with their parents. Which the outcome never went they way Noah wanted.

"Want to check it out?" Clint could see the conflict on his boyfriend's face and help any way he could.

Phill looks up from his phone "Is that okay? I just want to make sure. If Stiles is there and something had happened to him because I didn't check the apartment....I " he trails off.

Clint nods his head, grabbing Phill's hand "Let's go get ready and we'll go to the apartment. Maybe it was a faulty alert."

He didn't want Phil to worry about anything, but there were other scenarios to consider involving Stiles who could be in trouble or even worse.

After a quick shower and a change of outfits, Phill, and Clint both headed out of the Avengers towers towards a black SUV. Clint had thought it would be best for him to drive since Phill was still in deep thoughts about his Nephew and if this had anything to do with him.

A fifteen-minute drive later, they arrived outside Phill's old apartment complex, one filled with curiosity as another with worry. Hesitantly walking up the flight of stairs to his floor, the couple finally stop at his front door.

"You ready?" Clint holds his boyfriend's hand in support, as Phill puts the key in the hole and unlocks the door.

Slowing entering the hallway, he quickly puts in the four-digit code for his alarm system, Phill turns to his boyfriend.

"It's quiet I don't think anyone's here," he says with a sigh of relief. "I'm just going to check the windows and then we can leave."

Clint nods his head in understanding as both walk into the living room and freeze at the sight in front of them. Phill looks at Clint with wide eyes as he sees his nephew and a girl asleep on his couch.

"Do we wake them?" Clint whispers to Phil who shrugs unsure how to deal with this situation.

Taking another step closer to the teens, the wooden floor creeks beneath their feet making the girls eyes snap open and looks towards the two men with fear in her eyes.

"Stiles" Maises voice wavers as she shakes her best friend awake, keeping her eyes on the two strangers.

"Little devil, go back to sleep." Stiles whines trying to pull the girl closer to his chest.

"Can't....Stranger....Stiles." Masie's struggling to hide her panic as her fingertips start to turn blue again. "It's happening again." She whispers.

At her last comment Stiles instantly wakes up and covers her hands in his "Calm down. Remember what we talked about, breath in and out, That's it."

Uncovering her hands they both smile as the blue slowly starts to disappear, Stiles kisses her forehead "I'm so proud of you."

Hearing somebody clear their voice, Stiles turns his head, eyes widening as he sees his uncle standing with an unfamiliar man next to him.

"Stiles?" Phill says still in shock that his nephew is right in front of him.

Stiles awkwardly chuckles looking back at Maisie "We really do have the worse luck ever."

——