6 | H O L Y S H I T

When Phil and Clint both noticed that the teens had fallen asleep, they left the living room without a word, with one taking Maisie to the guest bedroom and Stiles to Phil's room

When Phil and Clint both noticed that the teens had fallen asleep, they left the living room without a word, with one taking Maisie to the guest bedroom and Stiles to Phil's room. Once they joined back into the living room the couple were into much shock to speak.

"This is crazy." Phill finally says after the silence became too much. "I swear Clint if Noah has anything to do with this, I'll kill him." he sneers out.

The man sighs "We could check the shield files about the town, just to see if anything sticks out but the only problem is. If we do that and we find something about Stiles or Maisie it could make our judgment biased"

"They could run" Clint adds, it was the only solution to understand what had happened to the teens and why they were covered in scars. But if either Phill or Clint made one assumption with the information found, it could break the small trust, they seem to have with Stiles and Maisie.

Phil shakes his head "No. Not could, they would run. Stiles didn't even want me to know he was in New York, finding out he was using my apartment was just by pure luck." He rubs his face with his hands.

"We could ask Natasha." Clint suggests "You know as well as me that the second we get back to the tower she will know something wrong."

Phill chuckles "That's true."

"If we tell her and she looks through the files then our judgment wouldn't be biased, but if we do that and she finds something she might be cautious around them which won't help us gain their trust."

"I think this is the only option we have." Phil says defeatedly "Noah has got to be involved, if he wasn't why hasn't he called to tell me that his son is missing."  

"We have a lot of questions that only Stiles and Maisie have the answers to," Clint says honestly.

Phill opens his mouth to respond when two piercing screams fill the apartment, followed by both teens calling out each other's names in panic. The couple didn't even have time to move from the couch as both the guest's and Phill's bedroom doors open wide with Maisie and Stiles running out and breathing in relief when they see each other.

"Your okay." Maisie's sobs into Stiles' arms "You're here."

Stiles takes a deep breath as he realizes they both must have been asleep and dreaming, with his shaking hands, he grabs one of Maisie's and points to her pinkie. "One, two, three, four..." counting each of their fingers to assure themselves that they were awake now and no longer dreaming.

"Oh, my god..." Phill covers his mouth with his hand at what he was seeing right in front of him. All the Avengers have had their fair share of demons even the billionaire Tony Stark. This just made him, and Clint remember what it was like when Bucky first came to live at the tower.

Stiles turns his head, eye-widening as he notices his uncle and Clint were in the room as well.

Awkwardly scratching the back of his neck "Uhh sorry about that." he mumbles causing Maises to become confused at what he was looking at him. Following his direction her eyes go big as she realizes what Stiles was looking at.

"Yeh, uhh sorry about that." She apologizes embarrassed that Phil and Clint had just witnessed her and Stiles's new reality.

"You have nothing to apologize for, either of you," Phill says sadly to his nephew and Maisie.

Stiles shakes his head "You don't know..." he trails off thinking of everything that had happened when he was controlled by void and the things, he made Maisie do.

Phill's heart ached for Stiles and Maisie, it was as if they had given up on asking for help but in their screams, it was so obvious how they were struggling and were unconsciously begging for support.

Clint nods his head "We understand that we don't know what's been going on at home in your town but what I do know is that you both are physically and mentally drained because of something."

Maisie groaned in frustration, tears falling down her face "If you knew a percentage of what has been going on you'll throw us straight into a psych ward."

"It wouldn't be the first time." Stiles confesses without meaning too.

"You've been admitted into a psych ward" Phill eyes go wide at what he was hearing, even though he and Noah didn't have the best relationship he surely thought that he would have been told about this.

"Trust me. Not the prettiest experience." Maisie mumbles rolling her eyes, most of her time at Eichen house was a blur and she could only remember bits and pieces which made no sense.

"With our job we know the world can be a very cruel place..." Clint starts to say when Stiles cuts him off.

"...Please if Shield knew that we were here, they would already have us in an integration room." He says with a snort.

Clint looks at his partner in surprise, he didn't think that Phill had told Stiles about who he worked for. Phill just shrugs his shoulders in response "I didn't tell him" he wasn't surprised that Stiles had figured out who he worked for, he had a talent for solving problems and once he started he wouldn't stop until it was solved.

"How?"

"Is this the part where we tell them about how weak their firewall is?" Maisie mumbles to Stiles who quietly laughs at his best friend.

"Weak?" Clint squeaks out in disbelief knowing that Tony was in charge of the firewalls and the security system.

"I mean it didn't take us that long to get through the first wall, from then it was very simple," Stiles says with a small smirk.

Clint bursts out laughing "I've got to know, how long did it take for you to crack the first wall? A day? A week?" the teens kept Surprising the man ever more but nonetheless glad he was able to get them to open up just a little, even if it about how they hacked into Shield's system.

Maise and Stiles look at each other before back towards Clint "Two minutes" they say in union.

"Holy shit"

—————-