16| S C R E W I T

Stiles and Maisie exchange glances before bursting out into laughter at the absurdity of Tony's words

Stiles and Maisie exchange glances before bursting out into laughter at the absurdity of Tony's words. However, their laughter comes to a halt when they catch sight of the rare serious expression on his face.

At that moment, it dawned upon the two kids that this was not a prank and Theo was really an Agent.

"You're serious" Stiles deadpanned.

Something had felt off the second Theo arrived in Beacon Hills, he and Maise couldn't shake off their suspicions about him. His story about coming back to town was perfect, almost too perfect. The duo just knew something was wrong about him and their feelings only grew stronger when they discovered that his father's signature for his school forms didn't match up.

"Dead serious," Tony remarks, sliding a file across the table to the two teenagers.

The front page boldly displays the title 'Report on Beacon Hills' and as they quickly scan through the first page, their eyes catch the signature of none other than Theo Raeken, confirming Tony's previous words that Theo is an Agent of Shield.

"Is this some type of sick joke?" Maisie exclaims, her voice dripping with disbelief and anger as she throws the file back onto the table.

Her mind was now consumed by numerous questions swirling around at the reality of Theo being an agent. Did the other agents have any idea of what he has done? Were they okay with it? Did they approve of his actions? Have they cleaned up his mess in the past?

Stiles's eyes narrow as he glances back and forth between his uncle and Clint. "Surely you guys do background checks on everyone, right?" He questions, a hint of skepticism in his voice.

"Of course," Phil replies firmly, trying to assure his nephew and Maisie that every individual who becomes an agent is checked out.

Maisie scoffs, "Well, clearly not, if you allowed that psychopath to have a badge." She retorts.

She wanted to blame Theo for everything, it was easier for him to handle the way her mother treated her, the actions and insults her brother did and even the way some of the members of the pack treated her and Stiles.

Blaming Theo was more manageable for her mind to believe than facing the painful reality that the people who were supposed to care for and love her had inflicted the deepest wounds upon her.

"What are you talking about?" Clint questions, his confusion evident as he tries to make sense of Maisie's words.

"What she means is that you guys are a lot stupider than you look, like did you seriously give him a badge? An actual badge?" Stiles stresses out in frustration.

"Calm down, Stiles," Phil states as he attempts to soothe his nephew's worries. "I looked at his file, he passed the basic tests with flying colors, so yes he was given a badge." He explains.