10 | D R E A M

When Phil and Clint were having their conversation with the team, Maisie and Stiles were in the back of the car curled up together soaking in the rare silence

When Phil and Clint were having their conversation with the team, Maisie and Stiles were in the back of the car curled up together soaking in the rare silence. They were truly grateful for how understanding the couple had been but to moved into a place with a bunch of strangers who are also well-known superheroes.

To them, it didn't seem like they belonged in such as place, even though void was gone, the fear was still there of being controlled and used like a puppet again.

"We don't have to do this," Stiles whispers running his fingers through his best friend's hair. "We could leave right now."

Maisie lifts her head off his chest "And where would we go?" she questions liking the idea of running.

"Anywhere" Stiles replies "Just you and me."

The girl hums in agreement "I'd like that. A cabin in the woods hidden away from the rest of the world."

Stiles nods his head "Me too. A clear window on the roof to watch the sky and the stars." He suggests.

This was probably the most relaxed he and Maisie had been since they had been controlled and the thought of being able to live the rest of their life in peace with no one but themselves brought a small smile across both their faces.

"Let's do it," Maisie states sitting up from her lying position, exiting the car for her body to bump into a wall.

"Ouch why is there a wall so close to the door." the girl groans rubbing her now sore forehead.

Stiles shakes his head with a quiet laugh at how clumsy his best friend was until he saw what Maisie thought a wall was.

"Little devil, that wasn't a wall." Stiles scratches the back of his neck, giving his uncle and Clint a sheepish smile.

Maisie turns her head and looks at Stiles in confusion before looking in the direction he was focused on for her eyes to widen.

"We were so close." She mumbles with a small pout thinking about their new dream of the cabin in the woods.

Phil furrows his eyebrows "Close to what?" he questions.

The couple had finished their conversation with the Avengers and had decided to bring Stiles and Maisie up to the towers to introduce everyone. When they had gotten outside Phil and Clint were both confused when they saw Maisie opening one of the back car doors and getting out of the car causing her to headbutt Clint's arm.

"Jhezz what's your arm made of," Maisie mutters.

"Again, close to what?" Phill repeats his question when he was ignored.

"Stretching my legs" Maisie states which was more like a question.Stiles couldn't help but burst out laughing at how bad his best friend was at lying. Phil and Clint were shocked by the sudden outburst from the boy since he had always been on the defence, observing the surroundings like he was waiting for someone to attack.

"Mischief" Maisie playfully glares at her best friend, she already knew her lying was bad and needed a lot of improvement.

"Anyways" Clint clears his throat "Are you guys ready; they all are waiting to meet you both." he had a feeling of what Maisie was doing when she started to leave the car and was glad he and Phil had gotten there just in time to stop them for doing what they were about to do.

Run.

"Nope." The teens say at the same time, they both stiffen and faces turn to blank with no emotion showing making Phil and Clint frown.

"Come on. I promise you both will be safe here." Phil says to his nephew and his best friend.

Stiles gives his uncle a sad smile "The last time someone promised us we would be safe; it didn't end well for us." Grabbing his best friend's hand, he starts to walk towards the entrance of the tower.

Phil watches at the kids walk in front of them before turning to his boyfriend "it's going to be bad isn't it."

"What do you mean?"

"If they eventually tell us what they've been through, it's going to be bad." Phil elaborates.

Clint sighs "They did say that their town was hell and from the small little parts they've told us, I have a feeling it's going to be worse than hell itself."

"Come on, the teams waiting." He adds pulling his partner along, quickening their pace to catch up to the kids.

As the four of them step into the elevator, Phil turns to the teens "Before we get to the floor I just wanted to say, Peter, Loki, and Thor aren't here at the moment, but you will be meeting everyone else."

Maisie gasps and turns to Stiles "We could move to Asgard and have our Cabin there; nobody would know who we are. It would be amazing."

"Our dream." Stiles replies with a genuine smile at how excited his best friend was.

"What Cabin?" Clint questions.

"You guys know about Asgard?" Phil questions in shock.

"The files" Stiles explains to his uncle before turning to Clint "We've always dreamed of living in a cabin in the woods."

As the group of four were talking they hadn't notice that they had reached the commons floor and the elavtor doors had opened until a voice causes them all the freeze.

"Files?" Tony questions looking at the two teens and then towards Phil and Clint. As soon as he said the word he saw the difference in the kids, how the boy stepped in front of the girl almost like he was protecting her from any oncoming threat.

"it doesn't matter." Clint shakes his head "Let's do some introductions first, then you guys can get some rest."

They walk closer towards the avengers when Phill points his fingers about to start introducing everyone when Stiles and Maisie cut him off.

"Tony Stark, also known as a playboy billionaire, then the twins Wanda and Pietro who have very cool abilities I've got to admit. Oh we can't forget Sam Wilson who like to be a bird sometimes...." Stiles saying point to each person as he speaks.

"....Then the super soldiers, Steve Rodgers who lived in ice for a pretty long time, then his bestie bucky barnes who has so insane skills, you've got to teach me some. Ahhh then Mr scientist the one and only Bruce Banner..." Maisie finishes.

The two teens look towards everyone to see a mixture of surprised and disbelief expression across their faces, they turn to Phil who shakes his head whilst covering his face with his hands.

"Ummm I don't think we were meant to say that," Maisie says with an awkward smile.

"Yeah, I think we might have broken them."

———