9 | T O W E R

"Are we sure this is the right thing to do?"

Phil and Clint were both filled with nerves as they stood in the elevator, their heart rates increasing as they become closer to the commons room at the Avenger's tower. It was the morning after the chaotic day the couple had with finding Stiles and Maise at Phil's old apartment. The two kids were still wary of them and when Natasha moved closer toward the couch to sit down, Phil and Clint watched how both kids flinched and tightened their grip on each others.

The couple was also exhausted from staying up most of the night as well, they had reassured Stiles and Maisie that they should get some sleep, and nothing would happen to them while they did. Unfortunately, it didn't take long for their screams and shouts to be heard and from then on, the duo were determined to stay awake for the rest of the night.

This led Phil and Clint to decide to stay up with them and put different movies on to pass the time until it was morning. As they finished the sixth movie Phil grabbed his phone to see what time it was when he saw numerous missed calls and messages from the Avengers minus Natasha.

Clint then grabbed his as well when Phil had told him and was shocked to see that his phone screen was also covered in missed calls and message notifications.

It did make sense as Phil and Clint were always at the tower even on their days off, they rarely left or had something planned. The couple had quickly replied to the group chat saying they would explain soon and to not track their whereabouts.

Knowing that they couldn't leave Stiles or Maisie in the apartment alone, they had offered them to stay at the Avengers towers with a floor to themselves. Both teens straight away shuck their heads at their suggestion feeling bad for intruding on their life and home.

But when Phil explained that they were both underage and if Noah or Melisa had filed a police report. They would be sent back into their care as soon as somebody noticed them. Which made them hesitantly agree thinking anything would be better than going back to that town.

Now after many reassuring smiles and words to the Stiles and Maisie, Clint and Phil had left them in the car so they could talk to the rest of their friends and team before bringing them up and introducing everyone.

"I honestly don't know, but we couldn't have left them alone," Clint says gripping his boyfriend's hand.

The sound of the elevator doors opening causes the couple to glance at each other nervously before stepping out onto the floor of the common to see everyone apart from Peter, Thor and Loki sitting down on the couches.

"Ah isn't it the sneaky couple" Tony points his finger at the pair accusingly.

"Shut it Stark."

Natasha rolls her eyes at the man-child who had been practically by her side since she had come back from Phil's apartment, constantly asking her questions about Beacon Hills or where she had gone, and did it have to do with where Phil and Clint had disappeared too.