7 | F I L E S

Back at the Avengers towers a certain red hair was in the middle of watching a movie with Steve and Bucky

Back at the Avengers towers a certain red hair was in the middle of watching a movie with Steve and Bucky. It was rare to get just one day off, so when Fury told them they had a couple of days to rest. They were surprised but relieved they could chill for the rest of the week.

Steve had been in the ice for seventy years which meant the world had changed and grown from what he was used too.Which is why he had decided to make a list of things he wanted to do or try from each year that he had missed out on. This is what led to the agreement of watching one of the movies on Steve's list.

Halfway through the first Star Wars, the sound of a phone ringing caused the two super soldiers to groan in annoyance.  The red-headed put her hands up in defense with a small grin at how much focus the guys were on the movie. 

"Nat!" Bucky whines when the ringing didn't stop, the woman rolls her eyes in response.

"Fine." Standing up from the couch Natasha walks out of the room into the kitchen and looks down at the caller to see Clint's name.

"Yes?"

"Are you alone?" was the first thing her best friend questions her in a whisper.

"What do you need Barton." Natasha could tell straight away that something was wrong by his tone.

Hearing sighs on the other end, she didn't know what to expect "Files on a town in California."

"Explain." The Assassin was already on the way to Tony's lab, knowing he was out with pepper for the day.

A brief moment of silence caused Natasha to stop walking, it was like her best friend was trying to figure out the right words to say.

"Do you remember when Phill would talk to us about Stiles?" Clint questions.

"His nephew?" Before the Avengers were formed, Clint and Natasha were already extremely close with Phill due to the amount of Mission they would have together. The conversations the three would have would always turn towards Stiles and how much Pill missed being in his life.

They knew the risks with their career and being linked to Shield was dangerous, so they understood why Phill stayed away from his nephew, but it still didn't make the pain any less for the man.

"Yeah" Clint takes a deep breath out "Phill had gotten an alert on his phone from the security system for his old apartment, we went to check it just in case and found Stiles and his best friend Maisie asleep on the couch."

"Wow." Nat blinks trying to process the information she had just been given. "So, they just decided to leave California."

"That's kind of why I'm calling," Clint says sadly,

"We think they've ran away."

"Really"

"Nat before they both had an insane panic attack just like what bucky used to go through, they only calmed down once they counted their fingers." He adds.

"Aren't they still in high school?" Natasha says lowly continuing her walk to Tony's lab.

"Yeah. The panic attacks aren't even the worst part, once they had fallen asleep i noticed scares covering Maisie's arms and then Phill saw the same on Stiles too." Clint voice wavers as he speaks.

"Scares?" The information Natasha was receiving she became more concerned, this was Phil's Nephew and even he she had never met the boy she was still worried about what had happened to him and Maisie whom she's never heard of before.

"Most of them are old ones but a few are very new and fresh."

"How's Phil coping?" Coulson had a good heart and cared deeply for a lot of people, but his priority would always be Stiles and his health and safety.

"Freaking out." Clint lightly chuckles "I shouldn't be laughing about this but if I don't, I feel like I might burst out crying." He knew Phill wasn't stable enough to call Nat which is why he suggested he should but just thinking about the kids and the obvious fear they have made his heart break.

"You have plenty of time to cry once we've figured out what's happened and if they did run away why?" Natasha states entering Tony's lab, and walking towards his computer.

"What was the name of the town?"

"Beacon Hills" Clint mumbles "Also check if there's any mention of Noah and Maisie's mother, they didn't want us calling their parents."

The redhead grits her teeth "Their parents are involved?" she wished she could be surprised but knowing how far Hydra could go with children it wouldn't be much of a shock.

"Maybe." Clint unsurely says "Look I have to go, even with Phill being related to Stiles the trust they have in us is still weak, and with them knowing about us working for Shield it wouldn't take much for them to run again."

"WHAT!" Natasha shouts in shock, why would her best friend tell already scared teens who they work for.

"We didn't tell them. They got through our firewalls." Clint states before hanging up the phone.

Shaking her head at the news, she sits down and starts looking through the files and notices the rise in deaths in Beacon Hills. Furrowing her eyebrows, she opens the police reports from the different deaths and realizes that each file was written by Noah Stilinski.

Stiles' Father.

As she reads the reports, her eyes widen in shock at the number of times Stiles and Maisie's names were brought up as well as Scott McCall, Lydia Martin, and Jackson Whittemore. As the years go by the more times the same names were mentioned.

But what caught her eye was the file named 'coverups', as she opens up the specific file she feels a presence behind her. Turning around, instantly grabbing the persons throat she looks up to see Tony's wide eyes.

"Seriously Tony, I could have killed you." She warns him before turning back to the computer, seeing the different reports open up on the screen.

Tony scratches the back of his neck "I could have. But you didn't." he smirks "I thought you would have heard the door opening."

"Clearly I didn't," Natasha states annoyed that he had come back too soon and now will probably ask questions.

"Assuming by your tone and the fact you didn't hear me enter the lab. You didn't and don't want me to know what you are up to." Tony says crossing his arms.

"Just because I didn't kill you doesn't mean I won't." Natasha threatens as she reads one of the reports that had a black bold 'classified' written on the front page, looking at the top of the page to see the name of the victim.

"Allison Argent."

——————