18 | D A R K N E S S

Awkward would be an understatement to how things had been since Stiles shown his uncle and the rest of the avengers his scars

Awkward would be an understatement to how things had been since Stiles shown his uncle and the rest of the avengers his scars. He was a little surprised at the lack of questions about the boy who was killed but decided to keep quiet.

Maisie was still anxious about the whole thing, which did made sense. All someone had to do was look at the autopsy to realise that the kid didn't die from being impaled by a pole.

In other words, they lied.

Even thought they had been living with the avengers now for a while, it didn't mean the duo trusted them with their secrets. Stiles and Maisie were still cautious that if they do tell the true.

The outcome would end up with them being taken, getting locked away in a dark cell for the rest of their lives.

While they were happy everyone had seemed to forget about the emotional day, there was one person in particular who suddenly started to pay closer attention to them both.

With their eyes following their every moment.

Grinning, like he already knew the thing they were trying to keep hidden the most.

Which was both, terrifying and nerve wracking.

Even though the avengers tower was a big place, with many different rooms. The two teens seemed to never be able to find a room that was empty. Apart from when they discovered the library, which started to become their safe place.

"You do know I'm sorry, right?" Stiles says with a guilty look towards his best friend.

It was Maisie's secret to tell if she ever wanted too but he was so caught up in all the lies, the secret's, the pain. He felt like his brain was about to explode and well it did, it exposed his scars, his past and part of what made him and Maisie run in the first place.

"I've already told you, it's fine, we're fine." Maisie shakes her head with a small smile on her lips.

It was true she didn't blame him for what he had done, she was a little stunned when the words came out of his mouth, but she understood where he was coming from. Both of them have had some much happen over the years, at some point one of them was gonna break.

"But, I still feel bad" Stiles sighs rubbing his face "I mean I could have said so much more and not even realise until it was too late."

"Stiles" Maisie turned to face her best friend. "It's done. it happened and if anything were to come out, it would be about what I did. Not you. So, you can breathe." She softly says.

"Exactly" Stiles stresses out "You'll be blamed and that's not fair." He groans, throwing his head back.

With everything his father did, he still kept up some of his guard with his uncle and as much as it hurt to say, if the truth eventually did come out, he didn't think Phil would protect him or Maisie. His job has took over his whole life, he was too loyal to his job to do anything wrong.