~Ep. 1~

Alfea

Alfea. The school for fairies. It had vines growing up on the sides of the buildings. It's been here for a while. The headmistress, Farah Dowling found me only a few nights ago in the nearby town. I was staying in one of the hostels in Blackbridge before I moved to another town. I travelled constantly.

I've always heard stories about this school, but considering my lack of education, money, and training, I assumed I would never be able to attend. It's known for its alumni. Queen Luna is one of them. I didn't like her, but I don't like most well-known people. They were all fake.

Dowling had tried to ask me personal questions like, where is your family? I don't have one. At least not that I can remember. I've always been alone travelling. I felt like I'd been searching for something, but I can never find it. I've always assumed it was a home or friends, but I wasn't sure. I only remember from when I was around ten to sixteen. It was strange, but after wasting so many nights trying to figure out why, I just gave up. My past didn't matter if I couldn't remember it anyway. It was probably for a good reason too.

Today was move-in day. I was in the Winx suite. No idea who my suitemates are. I didn't know exactly where I was going either. I was standing in the middle of the grass section near the gates still. My powers were heightened with so many people around. So many nervous new people. Glad I wasn't the only one.

"A mind fairy, how thrilling," I heard someone say. A boy from his voice. I turned to see a blonde in a brown leather jacket. He was taller, but my legs were thicker. Always were, unfortunately. He was attractive though.

"What an assumption?" I mocked. He just smiled and looked around at the others.

"Sorry, but your eyes gave you away," He slid his hands into his pockets.  I nodded and lifted my hand exposing electricity. He furrowed his brows. "Now I'm confused." A lot of people were.

"Mhmm," I smiled and tried to walk past him, but he stepped back in front of me. My hand gripped the handle of my duffel bag. If he is going to try and make fun of me, I swear. This was supposed to be an opportunity to make friends and create bonds with people. That's what Dowling told me at least. I wasn't mean or anything, I just don't have much experience with relationships.

"What is your name, odd fairy?" He asked. My mouth dropped open. Odd? Dude. What. I take back what I said.  He's not cute anymore.

"Odd?" I scoffed. He ran his hand through his hair as he laughed nervously. I focused on his mind for a moment looking for his name Sky. Nothing too personal I tried to respect people's privacy. "Sky, you really need to work on your manners towards girls."

"How do you-" He stared at me but then chuckled. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it wasn't meant as an insult. You just intrigue me." Sky took a short bow.

"Quit, perving on the first years," Another guy came up. He had short brown curly hair and he smelled of weed. They were an interesting pair. Wouldn't have made them out as friends.