~Ep. 2~

The next morning, I didn't want to get up

The next morning, I didn't want to get up. Aisha had gotten up a while ago, but I refused. She was a morning person. My covers were warm and inviting while the air was cold and jarring. That is not the way I want to wake up. Suddenly my covers were ripped free. Stella stood above me as she held my covers away from me.

"Come on," I grumbled into my sheets as I tried to hide my face from the light. I curled into a ball as she continued to glare at me. What did she want so early in the morning?

"Where is my ring?" She asked. Oh right. Did she really have to have it right now? In the morning. Before I was even awake. She could have at least asked me a little later.

"I lost it," Bloom said from beside me. Stella let go of my covers allowing me to hide from the growing argument. I groaned and pulled the covers over my head. The light was bright as shit. "That burned thing took it."

"You lost it," Stella sounded angry. Here we go. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"You were the one who gave it to her in the first place," Aisha defended. Oh, she was back from her swim already. She gets up way too early for me. I was thankful she never woke me while she got ready. I'm not a morning person.

"You knew what was out there," Musa added from our doorway. Was everyone awake already but me? How did they do that?

"That was a family heirloom. A Solarian treasure!" Stella scoffed. "But what would you know about that?" She glared at all of us. Pulling the princess card.

"Don't yell at her," Aisha snapped.

"Let's not argue in the morning," I shook my head. "It's not a great way to start the day."

"We're getting it back," Stella demanded as she left the room. Welcome to Alfea. First day of classes and retrieval of Stella's family jewels.

"Well today's going to be fun," I grumbled as I stood up to get ready.

We were all sitting around the stone circle. The bowl is in the middle of the stone. Dowling had been trying to explain to everyone how to conjure their magic. She explained where it comes from. Emotions. Positive emotions. Although I sometimes draw on negative emotions. Just depends on my moods. We've all gone up. Aisha first. She conjured her water, then Terra, then Musa, then me. Then Bloom was up, but it wasn't going well. She was gripping the sides of the bowl until her knuckles were white, but no fire was conjured. Small sparks, but nothing more.

"You need to let go," Dowling instructed. Bloom was frustrated. I could see it. I guess she assumes that since it came to the rest of us so easily, it should be natural for her as well. She has a complicated history with her magic though.

" I know. I know! Positive emotions," Bloom gripped the bowl tighter, she could barely conjure up a flame. "I've been listening."

"Think about your parents," Aisha reasoned. She was trying to be helpful, but Bloom was too caught up in her own head right now to listen.