~Ep. 5~

Sky texted me early this morning to check up

Sky texted me early this morning to check up. Since he disappeared on me last night. Before partner training, Silva came over to speak with me.

"How are you this morning?" He asked.

"My head's better," I smiled.

"So what happened yesterday?" He asked. Right.

"We had a little road trip," I explained. I saw Sky walking over with his gear on. "To Aster Dell." My eyes focused on Silva as his guilt fluctuated. "Do you know the place?"

"Be logical Adelaide, there are things you don't know and don't understand," Silva argued quietly. I just backed up and shrugged.

"Are we ready?" Sky smiled. "Everything alright?" He saw my face.

"Let's get this over with," I moved towards the maze. The burned one gem was already set up for us. The creature lurks in the hedges.

"Addi," Sky gently grabbed my wrist.

"Sorry, I'm just tired," I explained as I gave him a small smile.

"You both need to trust one another. The specialist needs to trust that the fairy will destroy the cinder inside the burned one. And the fairy must trust the specialist to distract it while they focus." Dowling added. Oh, she was here. Hadn't seen her.

"Do you trust me?" I asked him mockingly.

"I probably shouldn't," He smiled as he drew his sword. "Do you trust me?" I raised my hands, getting into a ready position.

"Unfortunately, yes," We both laughed.

"Focus you two!" Silva yelled. I could feel something around the corner.

"Left," I turned and saw the burned one slide around the corner. It shrieked and ran for us.

"Throw your sword," I told him. He did it without question and I guided it as if plunged through the burned one's chest. It deformed into a gem, hitting the ground. The sword came flying back towards us and landed in Sky's hand.

"Remind me to always fight burned ones with you," He smiled as he twirled his sword and put it in the back sheath.

"Well done you two," Dowling smiled at me. "Not exactly how we do it, but you both worked together."

"Does this mean we're done with training for now?" I asked touching my back for a moment. Still bruised, but it hurt a little less.

"I wish you would get that looked at," Sky whispered. I smiled over my shoulder at him. It was odd having people worry about me. I liked it.

"Yes, you both are done for today," Silva nodded. I grabbed Sky's hand as we walked back towards the school. We were the first ones to finish the drill.

"I need to change," Sky laughed as I dragged him inside.

"Okay," I let go of his hand, but he grabbed it.