26

S A G E

*7 months later *

"Cari don't keep going where I can't see you"Sage told Cari as he kept swimming towards the deep end

"Buh ma I can swim down dere"Cari tried to go against Sage

"Cari, no, I don't need you to drown baby" She told him hold Lyee on her lap so she could get her feet wet with Sage.

"Hmph" Cari said taking his goggles off and throwing them in the little beach chair and folding his arms

"Jahcari don't play with me, I will call up Uncle Skee in no time " she told him sternly. Sage couldn't find it in herself to discipline Cari so she got Skeeta to do it.

"I'm sorry" he mumbled going to go get his goggles not wanting a whooping from his heavy handed uncle.

"It's okay man man, I just don't want you to get hurt baby Cmere "

He walked to her and she hugged him and kissed his cheek making him try to hide his blush as he hugged her back

"Enough mommy, the ladies looking" he told her smacking his lips

"Boy- bye your my baby, ain't that right juicy mama " she replied tickling Lyee making her giggle and Cari walk off getting back inside the water not going towards the feel side of the water like his mom instructed.

Sage and everyone else were at peace. The kids love Day-Day and the rest of them. They be coming to Sage house almost like everyday. Everyone got out of the street except for Tremani (Glock).

But Sage makes sure he's okay and is being safe, she don't want any more of them getting hurt or killed. She wasn't prepared for another Dee situation nor could she handle it.

———————————————————————————

"Eat eat ma ma" Lyee told sage as she sat inside of her high chair

Sage reached on top of the fridge and got some cheerios and poured them onto her little table "there you go juicy mama "

Lyee clapped her hands as she grabbed a cheerio giggling sage smiled and went back to cooking some Baked Mac and cheese and Collards Jiffy, cornbread, and yams.

"Maaaaaa" Cari said coming into the kitchen with his headset on

"Yes baby ?"

"I'm hungryyyyyy" Jahcari told her

"It's almost done stinky, go get some chips out the pantry, and can you bring me Ranae's cup from out of the living room?"

Cari went inside of the living room and got Lyee's cup and handed it to Sage

"Thank you man man" she said taking it and pouring some apple juice in there with a little water.

"Yw mommy "he said walking inside of the pantry and getting his chips and going back in his room to finish playing the game with his uncles, they were playing FallGuys.

Sage handed Lyee her sippy cup and Lyee happily took it and started drinking it. Sage stared at Lyee and smiled heavy.

"You look soooo much like yo daddy stinky" she told Lyee