the meet

Trinity's POV

Location: art class 📍

Ive been ready to go home since i saw those girls at lunch. Luckily im in art class now, which happens to be my last class of the day.

Something about art makes me forget everything. I sort of get lost in making art.

As im day dreaming waiting for class to start That same boy that was staring at me at lunch walks in. I feel my heart start beating fast.

Im sort of an awkward person. But to be fair this is an awkward situation. I caught the man staring at me....like what am i supose to say...IF i say something.

I immediately look down trying to avoid eye contact. For some reason i look up and immediately we lock eyes.
Its like he knew it was me and knew where i was sitting.

As im locked into his gaze he smirks. This boy is actually fine...
Lord this premarital eye contact is too much.

Before thoughts start coming to mind i repeat to myself "Take captive every thought and make it obedient to christ....2 Corinthians 2:5."

Ive been fine all this time and im not about to get tripped up now.

He chooses the seat directly in front of me. Blocking my line of view. Great.

I would be lying if I didn't say I checked him out.

Sitting in front of me I realize how nice of a back he has. He had his baseball uniform on but his shoulder blades are perfectly rounded, and had muscular arms.

I can tell he works out. I actually find that very attractive.

I pull myself together and just stop thinking.

This is gonna be an interesting year, I can already tell.

Later that day....

Location: student parking lot 📍

School is over and I start walking outside to the student parking lot

Once I get inside my car I put my key in the ignition...it doesn't start.

I think to myself this can't be happening, atleast not today.

After trying a few more times I realise that it's not going to start. Also, an hour has passed.

"I can just come back for it once I get home." I sigh and just start walking home.

What a great way to end the first day. It's like 85 degrees, my house is like a 30 minute drive but walking?? That's atleast an hour.

I'm a very active person and I don't mind the distance but I have a cute outfit on and makeup and I hate being sweaty. I just commit and keep going. I really hope no one sees me walking home.

After a few minutes of me walking I notice a car pulling up next to me.

"Hey!" I hear but I keep walking , I'm not in the mood for creepy men.

"Hey! Yo!" I turn and look. Great. Its him.

I walk up to the car. "Hey" I smile.

"Hey....are you walking home?? Don't you have a car?" He says.

"Yeah but it's a long story" I say, prepared to continue walking.

I'm really ready for this day to come to an end.

"I can't let you do that, get in" he says.

I hesitate , but knowing I don't really want to walk home.

I just get in . This car ride can't be that bad.

Once I get in and there's an awkward silence.

"You know if you ever need a ride you can always let me know and I can drive you" he says.

"No no it's totally fine. I appreciate it though" I say.

After all, we just met TODAY..I'm not that easy, who does he think I am.

"I can't have you out here walking, especially alone. Men are crazy" he rebuttals.

What he said made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy inside....even protected somehow.

Does he really care about me like that? Or is he just being a gentleman?

"Okay I will thanks" I say.

So much for not trying to come off as easy Trinity.

A few minutes passes by and he hands me his phone to put my address In the GPS. Then tells me to put on some music.

He must not be dating anyone the way he just willingly handed me his phone.

After putting in my address, a notification pops up saying that his birthday is coming up. September 15th to be exact.

I quickly dismiss it and find the music app. I don't want him to think I'm looking through his phone or something.

I get nervous because my taste in music is so versatile.

But Somehow I feel like we have the same vibe in music so I put on my current fav.

From the looks of it I have his music taste approval.

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ♫♬♪ Montell Fish- Heavenly Father

Music helps me contemplate on life. Good things and the bad things.

As I start to contemplate and enjoy the ride i get deep in thought.

I think about why Zyan's name sounds so familiar.

Then it hits me. My heart drops a little and I get chills.

I realize He has the same name as my brother who passed away.

Same spelling and everything. I also realize that they were both born the same month.....September.

I remember seeing the date when the notification popped up on his phone.

This is crazy. God is this a sign? If it's a sign then what does it mean? Or could it just be a coincidence?

What do you guys think about what Trinity realised? Do you think it really means something or just a coincidence😂 I'm excited tbh

Anyways I know this chapter was short but I'm working yall I promise😂

xoxo the author